Canadian Cruiser Question

MapleCruiser86

Hello,

My parents are leaving on the Carnival Liberty on the 17th and my girlfriend and I are leaving on the Carnival Valor on March 9th. My question is what do we need to carry with us for identification aside from the sail & sign card.

I was on the Carnival Glory in 2011 and I think I just used my sail & sign card to get off and on the ship at ports. I don't remember if I was carrying my driver licences or passport.

I would much rather use my driver licence as a piece of ID along with my sail &sign in card. Any information on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Some ports I will take my passport, just in case. If I miss the ship in Mexico, I want to make sure I can get OUT....

If I miss the ship in Grand Cayman....I can wait a while to get my papers in order to get out..

From a fellow Canadian - I take my wallet which has drivers license and S&S card but also take my passport. If you have an incident in a foreign country or miss the boat a passport will make it easier/quicker to leave.

A copy of my passport is always in my room just in case. :)

I just got off the Breeze a week ago and all we ever took is our S & S. They take your picture when you check in so it appears when they swipe you S & S.

Same here on our December 1, 2013 sailing on the Breeze.

That said, my wife did offer to be the custodian of my wallet, wherein is my Canadian Driver License (and I surrendered it to her), while we were on excursions.

I will typically take an electronic copy of birth certificates, and passports (1 copy uploaded to GoogleDrive or similar and one photo on phone) just in case we need to reference those documents. Of course, we also carry our Sign and Sail with a photo ID.

I will typically take an electronic copy of birth certificates, and passports (1 copy uploaded to GoogleDrive or similar and one photo on phone) just in case we need to reference those documents. Of course, we also carry our Sign and Sail with a photo ID.

pretty much what we do, when we got our passports renewed I asked if we should leave them on the ship or take them. We were told to leave them locked on the ship so they dont get lost/stolen. To take a photo copy of our passport and carry that with us. If need be we take that to the Canadian embassy and it will help expedite the renewal of documents.