Highly confused right now.. Upset too!

carnival03

So when we originally booked our cruise on the Legend we choose our room to be on level 6, balcony, aft, with no obstructed view and also with a sofa bed. However since then I've called carnival cause of price dropped. I just now noticed that our room has changed to the exact same style room however is FWD, which doesn't bother me. What upsets me is that instead of a sofa bed it has a upper bed. My son is 17 and I know he would be much more comfortable on the sofa. Why would they change it? the price drop? I was planning on calling carnival soon will they fix it? Worse comes to worse i guess we could cancel and re-book as it's the same price and we haven't paid in full, however we brought FFTF will that be refunded or no? and I guess there's no guarantee of getting it again..... Help with advice, thanks!

I can only answer for the FTTF. The fee for FTTF is refundable. I have done it in the past.

Thanks, thats a partial relief if we have to go that route lol. I'm hoping if we need to do it that way they'll transfer the FFTF to our new booking as I just check and it's sold out for our sailing!

So when we originally booked our cruise on the Legend we choose our room to be on level 6, balcony, aft, with no obstructed view and also with a sofa bed. However since then I've called carnival cause of price dropped. I just now noticed that our room has changed to the exact same style room however is FWD, which doesn't bother me. What upsets me is that instead of a sofa bed it has a upper bed. My son is 17 and I know he would be much more comfortable on the sofa. Why would they change it? the price drop? I was planning on calling carnival soon will they fix it? Worse comes to worse i guess we could cancel and re-book as it's the same price and we haven't paid in full, however we brought FFTF will that be refunded or no? and I guess there's no guarantee of getting it again..... Help with advice, thanks!

The first question will be...was it a price drop in your exact category? Was it a different type of deal and perhaps you didn't notice?

Are you sure there is no sofa? Maybe they moved you to a quad with a sofa and an upper? I would call and talk to Carnival before getting too upset.

Thanks, thats a partial relief if we have to go that route lol. I'm hoping if we need to do it that way they'll transfer the FFTF to our new booking as I just check and it's sold out for our sailing!

It won't be transferred but refunded if you cancel. Then once you rebook, you would have to reserve it all over again. I've done it. Hope you get everything straightened out with the room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Just got everything figured out! So we got our room switched back to our original room that is AFT, port, Balcony, with sofa bed. Agent on phone was extremely nice and had no issue changing it right back. He stated he did not know why it was changed as he saw the price drop we called about was for the same category and rate! He of course apologized and changed it. It however upsets me that someone (possibly the agent that issued our price drop) changed it without saying anything or even asking permission! By the way the one they switched us to was not a quad.... Glad I had an eye for detail and caught that now instead of when we got our S&S cards!

I don't understand how they can move you from aft balcony to forward without your permission.......

What's not to understand? They can move you at any time from any cabin with or without an upgrade, with or without your permission, with or without notifying you.

Of course, I am not saying they "should" do this, and I also would be upset if it happened to me, but they certainly can do it. Unless I am missing something, it is hard to see how one could be a CC member for more than 7 years and not read of this happening on every cruise line, oh about a zillion times.

call carnival and find out why they did it and if can be back to what you want. the bunks are comfy from what my friend has said and that would leave your couch for sitting vs sleeping. I would rather have mid ship myself. I've never read where they have moved ppl if it is the same room type/# of ppl. only if your in a room with less ppl than what the room can hold.

just read OP that you got it straightened out.. glad to hear. rather be aft than fwd. been in fwd, more rocking lol. always good to double check when changes happen so you can get it taken care of right away by calling carnival direct. :)

Edited by jks336

I don't understand how they can move you from aft balcony to forward without your permission. As far as the beds go, our college age children like the upper beds better than the couch that converts to the bed.

Agree upper beds are way better than the couch...........