Galveston Hotel Suggestions

krogers2063

I'm looking for Hotel suggestions in and around Galveston? We aren't looking for anything fantasy as we are just planning to sleep there but do want something clean and safe.

We stay at the Harbor House Hotel next the the terminal and walk over. Car parking is $10 for the week while on the cruise. Willie G's restaurant is right next to the hotel if you like excellent sea food. Also the strand (shopping) is only one block away. Walking on the strand is a must. Hope that helps.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Resort, 5002 Seawall Blvd. Very nice rooms, clean, restaurant and cocktail lounge onsite, fridge & microwave in room, FREE parking for cruisers, and FREE shuttle service to the port. Check them out - we really enjoyed our stay in December!

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Resort, 5002 Seawall Blvd. Very nice rooms, clean, restaurant and cocktail lounge onsite, fridge & microwave in room, FREE parking for cruisers, and FREE shuttle service to the port. Check them out - we really enjoyed our stay in December!

We stayed last summer at the Inn at the Waterpark. Its older but cheap and had a free shuttle to the ship and back... They were on time when they picked up both ways.... They also have a mini golf course that is free to use... We asked for the back rooms that had been remodeled. It was clean and simple... Parking was safe and free also....

You don't specify when you are sailing. This can affect rates and number of nights booked.

Some of the beach front hotels frequented by cruisers are The Commodore, Gaido's Seaside Inn (many friends have stayed here) and Sheraton Four Points. All are on Seawall Blvd.

Truly a "local", live on the island:)

We stayed last summer at the Inn at the Waterpark. Its older but cheap and had a free shuttle to the ship and back... They were on time when they picked up both ways.... They also have a mini golf course that is free to use... We asked for the back rooms that had been remodeled. It was clean and simple... Parking was safe and free also....

I just looked this hotel up and it looks like something my kids would enjoy. We are traveling the first week in May so not sure about weather and the water park but they would enjoy the golf. I see the shuttle but didn't see anything about leaving your car there while you cruise? I assume you can and if so where do you leave it? Do they have a lot for cruisers?:confused:

We park our car at Galveston Park N Cruise. It's right across the street from the terminal, they have indoor & outdoor parking.

If we are arriving early & have time to be on the sea wall, we stay at 4 Points Sheraton. If we are getting in later & just need a place to sleep, we always stay Spring Hill Suites just as you get into Galveston. Nice size rooms & good free breakfast. Their rates vary depending on Galveston events. We have paid $62-70 the last few times but our April cruise is $130.

I just looked this hotel up and it looks like something my kids would enjoy. We are traveling the first week in May so not sure about weather and the water park but they would enjoy the golf. I see the shuttle but didn't see anything about leaving your car there while you cruise? I assume you can and if so where do you leave it? Do they have a lot for cruisers?:confused:

It's also across street from Moody Gardens,

a wonderful large family entertaiment complex.

:)

One of top 10 attractions in the State of Texas

Aquarium Pyramid

Rainforest Pyramid

MG 3D Theater

4D Special FX Theater

Colonel Paddlewheel Boat

Discovery Pyramid

Seasonal Events & Attractions

Water Park

You don't specify when you are sailing. This can affect rates and number of nights booked.

Some of the beach front hotels frequented by cruisers are The Commodore, Gaido's Seaside Inn (many friends have stayed here) and Sheraton Four Points. All are on Seawall Blvd.

Truly a "local", live on the island:)

Do you mind giving your opinion on a couple hotels? We will be there may 4 and traveling with young kids we are looking at Inn at the Waterpark and Red Roof Inn on sea wall Blvd. we would like somewhere that has cruise parking. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks for any help.

I have stayed at Gaido's and a co-worker who cruises every year books them for every cruise. Free parking all week but no shuttle service, you have to take a taxi. They are implementing a two night minimum in April when we cruise on the Magic so we are going to try The Commadore right next door. They have free parking as well. Both are right across the street from the Gulf and within walking distance of several nice restaurants. They are not the biggest, newest or the best hotels in town but they will work for us.

We've stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on Seawall, its at the far end of the seawall but we enjoyed out stay there in October. We have already reserved the same hotel for our upcoming cruise next month. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they offer free parking for the cruise and even provide a prompt shuttle service to/from the port.

In the winter you can even get some good deals at Moody Gardens Resort. We stayed there in November for the Holiday Half Marathon. Loved it! The Harbor House is close by the port...walking distance! Of course, I love The Galvez, but it's pricey. So many places to stay, it's really up to you. You know there is LaQuinta, HI Express, Holiday Inn, Sheraton Four Points, etc. All would be fine to stay at prior to a cruise!

We've stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on Seawall, its at the far end of the seawall but we enjoyed out stay there in October. We have already reserved the same hotel for our upcoming cruise next month. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they offer free parking for the cruise and even provide a prompt shuttle service to/from the port.

Ekkk how is April cheaper then May?! Would have thought May would be more expensive due to spring break cruisers?!

We have always had good luck with Hilton and Galvez. They are a little pricier than some but they do have free shuttle.... they were very reasonable a few years back but it seems in the last two years the price has really gone up... They are now not letting you book a single night on the weekend... but we usually wait a little closer to the cruise and they come of that opening up a single night for sat-sun. We have been cruising from there for over ten years and its still our favorite port.

Kroger - I've stayed at Quality Inn and Suites several times. Most comfortable bed ever. They are nice, has nice indoor pool and hot tub, breakfast is your typical continental breakfast. Never had any issues or problems at all. That used to be my first choice, very reasonable and great stay, but over the past couple of years they have really gone up alot, so I hope you got a good price!!

Kelly

We are lloking for a hotel in either Galveston or Houston that has both an airport shuttle and a cruise terminal shuttle. Does anyone know of any that provide both? There will be 6 of us. This is for early August.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Harbor House at Pier 21 is right on the pier. Depending on your cruise line you can walk to the port (Carnival).

While we love staying there some people might think it is a little pricey; around $150 to $200 a night.

We are sailing Royal CAribbean and will probably have too much luggage to walk to the pier. Thanks for the idea.