Kennedy Space Center in Florida

travelquick

It seems pretty price to go with the cruise line to the space center is there another resonable way?

Take a cab on your own and just pay the exact admission price like anyone driving there would.

Looks like $50 for adults and $40 for kids to walkup.

https://www.ksctickets.com/eStore/Content/Commerce/Products/DisplayProducts.aspx?ProductGroupCode=400&ProductCategoryCode=400&_ga=1.149773363.403210346.1389414088&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Edited by bguppies

Kennedy Space Center is an awesome place. I'm not sure how long you are in port, but you can spend the whole day easily. It's about a 20 minute drive from the port. You could get the cab company's number and call them to take you back or just set a time for them to come get you. You won't regret it.

KSC is a great place. The only real problem is most of NCL's sailings get in port around 11-12 so you don't get a ton of time there. There is a ton to do especially if you go to the outer areas on the bus routes. You can certainly tailor your trip to the time you do have though. The newer Shuttle Experience was incredible.

In my last stop in Port Canaveral (about 3 years ago), we walked off the ship, rented car and drove to the space center. The overall price (for 4 people) was still less than the NCL shore excursion and we were able to also stop at a store or two to get things that we had forgotten or wanted on the cruise ship. Depending upon your interests, you could spend all day there or do one of the tours and only spend a few hours. I found the entire day very interesting and worthwhile and would certainly recommend the rental care option.

~Bob

You can also contact your Congressman to request free passes to the Space Center. However according to my Congressman they need at least 4 months notice:eek:

Very cool to know. Thanks.

Its the same deal if anyone is planning a trip to Washington DC.

If you give your Representative 6 months or so, lead time, they can get you free passes and VIP passes to many tourist spots in town. (Supreme Court, Library of Congress, etc..)

Used to be able to get you into White House tours too, but alot depends on what is happening in the world at the time. (no guarantees)

Bill

We are having the same discussion here about this excursion. Ncl's website says the tour is 7hrs long, with departure time of 12:30, which implies you stay later that kSC's advertised closing time of 5pm. I would choose the NCL excursion if I knew we would get a longer visit, as taking a cab isn't an option with our two young boys, and the price difference between the excursion and renting a car is about $35. We are Canadian so no free tickets for us :)

Does anyone know if the NCL excursion allows you to stay later than 5pm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are having the same discussion here about this excursion. Ncl's website says the tour is 7hrs long' date=' with departure time of 12:30, which implies you stay later that kSC's advertised closing time of 5pm. I would choose the NCL excursion if I knew we would get a longer visit, as taking a cab isn't an option with our two young boys, and the price difference between the excursion and renting a car is about $35. We are Canadian so no free tickets for us :)

I'd like to second this question. It would be worth the extra money to me to be able to stay longer.

It's about 30 minutes away (I think, I wasn't paying that much attention to the drive time).

We arrived around 1 and they had a special showing of one of the 3D movies arranged for us. The show was at the end of day, and from the theater we went to the buses and back to the ship. The park was closed by the time the movie ended and no way were they letting you wander around by yourself at that point.

Back on the ship around 6

It's about 30 minutes away (I think, I wasn't paying that much attention to the drive time).

We arrived around 1 and they had a special showing of one of the 3D movies arranged for us. The show was at the end of day, and from the theater we went to the buses and back to the ship. The park was closed by the time the movie ended and no way were they letting you wander around by yourself at that point.

Back on the ship around 6

So the 7 hour estimate on the excursion is definitely incorrect. Good to know.

If you do a google search for KSC tickets, you will come across discounted discounts for $39/adults and $34/children. We did this back in October and it was awesome. Was off the boat at 12, rented a car for $35 and was at KSC by 12:45. Very easy drive, maybe 25 mins. The place closes at 5 but it is well worth it. Didn't think 4 hours was nearly enough time to see/read everything.

We are having the same discussion here about this excursion. Ncl's website says the tour is 7hrs long' date=' with departure time of 12:30, which implies you stay later that kSC's advertised closing time of 5pm. I would choose the NCL excursion if I knew we would get a longer visit, as taking a cab isn't an option with our two young boys, and the price difference between the excursion and renting a car is about $35. We are Canadian so no free tickets for us :)

If you go, you may want to see if the boys are big enough to go on the Shuttle Launch Experience before you go there.