Currency for Morocco

The official currency is the dirham however this is a closed currency and only used in the country. You can get hold of it but if you are on a tourist area then euros or dollars in small notes are ideal, small notes because you are likely to get change in dirhams which are worthless outside Morrocco.

I don't want to sound negative - but Tangier is just about the the worst port of call we've experienced.

Not at lot worth seeing, and the locals are all over you to buy something.

If we ever have the misfortune to revisit there I'll be staying on board.

Other opinions may differ of cocurse.

I don't want to sound negative - but Tangier is just about the the worst port of call we've experienced.

Not at lot worth seeing, and the locals are all over you to buy something.

If we ever have the misfortune to revisit there I'll be staying on board.

Other opinions may differ of cocurse.

Thanks Weecountyman. Living just a day trip away from Tangier we know that it is a marmite city - you either love it or hate it. However, we have already decided to do the excursion to Tetouan rather than go into Tangier itself.

Thanks Weecountyman. Living just a day trip away from Tangier we know that it is a marmite city - you either love it or hate it. However, we have already decided to do the excursion to Tetouan rather than go into Tangier itself.

Good decision IMO.

An organised excursion is the best option there.

Is Tetouan one of the remaining (two ?) Spanish enclaves they still hold in North Africa ? Maybe I'm confused though.

Is Tetouan one of the remaining (two ?) Spanish enclaves they still hold in North Africa ? Maybe I'm confused though.

No - the two enclaves are Ceuta and Melilla. Ceuta is a great place to visit; haven' t been to Melilla yet.

No - the two enclaves are Ceuta and Melilla. Ceuta is a great place to visit; haven' t been to Melilla yet.

Thanks - I couldn't remember the place names.

When the Spanish government starts its regular moans about Gibraltar it's worth reminding them they have not one, but TWO, possessions inside a foreign country.