Transport to Sydney, Aus airport after Cruise

fabacoon

We get in on the Voyager of the Seas 6:00AM on 27 Feb 2014 and have a flight home that leaves the Sydney airport at 12:20 PM. What time can we reasonably expect disembark? Looking for recommendations for reliable transport from the boat to the airport.

Transport to the Airport is simple. Your ship will dock at Circular Quay and directly in front of you (about 200m walk?) is the train station, there is the Airtrain that will take you to the Domestic and International Airports. That or the taxi rank is right outside when you disembark.

It was cheaper for our family of 2 adults and 2 children to catch the train as only the first child pays. I believe that it is cheaper though for a taxi if more than 3 adults......but then again you will be driving in peak hour.....

• 2 weeks later...

Me again!

I read your post regarding the Airtrain. Hubby and I arrive on the Thursday from Perth and have booked to stay at the Rendezvous Hotel in the Rocks prior to boarding the ship and sailing on Friday. We plan to take a shuttle to the hotel and then we will be travelling back to the airport to leave at 5.30pm the day the Carnival Spirit docks back at Sydney. The Airtrain is sounding like a great idea - how easy is it to use? etc, etc.

Regards

The Air train is easy to use. As far as I know, it is run by a private company. We are Aussies who live in Queensland, and last time we visited Sydney, we paid around $16 per person for the trip from Circular Quay to the Airport.

When you purchase your ticket, let them know you are travelling to the airport, and then you watch the monitors to ensure the train will stop at the airport.

We have only used the domestic section and I do remember it being quite a long walk. I am a walker, but walking for fitness is quite different to walking whilst wheeling a suitcase.

Hope this helps.

Nicki

Me again!

I read your post regarding the Airtrain. Hubby and I arrive on the Thursday from Perth and have booked to stay at the Rendezvous Hotel in the Rocks prior to boarding the ship and sailing on Friday. We plan to take a shuttle to the hotel and then we will be travelling back to the airport to leave at 5.30pm the day the Carnival Spirit docks back at Sydney. The Airtrain is sounding like a great idea - how easy is it to use? etc, etc.

Regards

Nachman, you cant escape me!

If it makes it easier, instead of lugging your luggage around Sydney, you can leave them at the OPT, not cheap as I think it was $30 for a large suitcase. We left 2 of our large suitcases there, went to Officeworks and put our photos in to be printed, went and had lunch, picked up our photos and then on the train home.

We bought our tickets and as the PP said, checked the screens for the one that says Airport (or has a symbol of the plane). Very easy and for two people it would be cheaper than a taxi.