Which side of the boat?

jaylev0720

Which side of the boat is better?

Hi jaylev0720 :)

There really isn't a side better than the other, it comes down to

personal preference.

Having said that, my screen name states my preference..:)

I'll admit that I'm slightly ocd when it comes to this. I like

being on the left side of many things, not just aboard a ship.

When traveling by air, I sit on the left side. Cars, buses, most

vehicles, I prefer the left. I sit on the left side of the couch, and

sleep on the left side of the bed.

Amusement park rides also, such as roller-coasters and so on,

I rather be on the left. When walking, I'm always on the left

side of my wife.

I am also left handed. I can go on & on, lets just say I have

many left side tendencies.

:)

and maybe its just dumb luck, but I do seem to 'port' more on the starboard side on many of my trips. I enjoy watching the operations of the ship in and out of port including the occasional pier runner.

Its hit and miss but I favor starboard

It is funny, when we just got our cabin assignment for up coming cruise it is in the starboard side. All 8 cruises, 7 with carnival, 1 with NCL have all been starboard side. Some we chose, others were assigned. Do not have a real preference, just has worked out that way.

Now that I think of it, we've only ever been on starboard!

I once read that lefties favor port side while righties favor the starboard side. I'm a lefty an I do favor the port side so there may be some truth in that observation.

I think there could be some truth to that. I've had both. This is weird for me: when I was on port side and in the cabin and not looking out the window, I had trouble determining which way ship was moving. While lying in the bed, my fee would be towards "forward" and had towards "aft", but I kept feeling it was opposite when ship was moving. When I stayed on starboard, I had no trouble determining which direction ship was moving (when not looking out window, etc.). I don't know if this was due to being a righty..or just that I am strange..lol.

If I had to make a choice I would prefer to be "Inside" the ship for I don't swim too well and wouldn't want to be on the high seas!!! (Any side as long as I'm on a cruise!) :p

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

I am a first time cruiser and am looking for suggestions. I am going to be booking a cruise on the Glory for my honeymoon. Which side of the boat is better, odd or even? It will be on the first floor in the front of the ship. Thanks for the input. I will be asking a lot of questions in the coming months. :)

If you have a balcony or ocean view cabin, it's best to be on the side that's facing the ocean.:rolleyes: If you have an interior cabin, it makes no difference which side you're on. By the way, It's called a "ship". Some folks get a little perturbed if you call it a "boat".;)

I prefer ship over boat.

So does the Captain. The captain on the Ecstasy was very offended when my friend referred to his ship as a "boat". He said "madam, a boat is something you row....do you see oars here? I sail a ship." :D I so wanted to high 5 him! It was awesome.

So does the Captain. The captain on the Ecstasy was very offended when my friend referred to his ship as a "boat". He said "madam, a boat is something you row....do you see oars here? I sail a ship." :D I so wanted to high 5 him! It was awesome.

Ship........ Boat.......... Tomato......Tomahto. Who cares, as long as you don't sail in his dingy.