Grandeur Seas

grneyes

I was so bummed when Celebrity sold the Mercury. Sure she was small--but, I still enjoyed sailing on her...
Good memories:). I sailed the Mercury many times - twice to Alaska, from San Diego through the Panama Canal to Baltimore (I think the first ever PC transit straight into Baltimore) and the bitter sweet final cruise where she was being stripped:( as we were still sailing up the Chesapeake Bay. I'll actually be in port with (not on) Mercury (Mein Schiff 2) in Sint Maarten next week. I've also sailed Mercury's full sister Galaxy (now Mein Schiff 1) out of Baltimore (and have done a Trans-Atlantic on her half sister Century).

Thom

Good memories:). I sailed the Mercury many times - twice to Alaska, from San Diego through the Panama Canal to Baltimore (I think the first ever PC transit straight into Baltimore) and the bitter sweet final cruise where she was being stripped:( as we were still sailing up the Chesapeake Bay. I'll actually be in port with (not on) Mercury (Mein Schiff 2) in Sint Maarten next week. I've also sailed Mercury's full sister Galaxy (now Mein Schiff 1) out of Baltimore (and have done a Trans-Atlantic on her half sister Century).

Thom

We sailed on her twice. We were on about 3 weeks before she was sold. They had a group of men touring the ship for several days with clipboards. We heard them talking. They had lots of plans --that started with ripping out the deck covering.:eek:

We sailed on her twice. We were on about 3 weeks before she was sold. They had a group of men touring the ship for several days with clipboards. We heard them talking. They had lots of plans --that started with ripping out the deck covering.:eek:
Did they dress all in black? The group we had always dressed in black, and we referred to them as the Angels of Death:eek:

This subject has been addressed by Adam Goldstein: In the July 12, 2011 edition of the "Ask Adam" blog series, Adam Goldstein, President and CEO of Royal Caribbean provided the answer:

Quote:

Is there a height restriction for ships coming to the Port of Baltimore? Can Radiance or Voyager class ships make it under the Chesapeake Bay and Key bridges?

-Jim M.

Good question Jim. Yes there is a height restriction. Radiance class ships are able to clear the bridges however the Voyager and Freedom class ships cannot.

I hope this helps to clear things up.