Private driver for the day in Barbados

Cessna140

If you know where you want to go and don't want a 'tour guide', per se, there are lots of taxi drivers at the terminal who would be more than happy to hire on for as many hours as you want. Settle a price in advance with one and chat up where you want to go.

Thanks Sail 7 but I was trying to get a handle on what the price would be for what we want to do ahead of time. If it is too pricey we will just do a half day trip with the ship tour. Obviously if we wait till that day to find a driver and the price is too high it will be too late to join the ships tour.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Does anyone have the name of a private driver we could hire for the day on Barbados?

We used Sanjay Kini for the day in January. He was friendly, prompt, reliable and professional. Would use him again next time we are in Barbados. We highly recommend him.:D

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of years ago we used Carson's taxi service. They sent a driver named Coleridge who took us on a lap of the island. I think for 4 of us it was $150 plus tip for a 4-5 hr tour. I would go with them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hired a driver at the pier last Thursday. $20.00 per person for six of us. Started at 9:15am and drove us around the island until noon. Next, we spent 2.5 hours at Carlisle Bay. He waited for us while we swam, etc. His name was Dale.

Thanks Sail 7 but I was trying to get a handle on what the price would be for what we want to do ahead of time. If it is too pricey we will just do a half day trip with the ship tour. Obviously if we wait till that day to find a driver and the price is too high it will be too late to join the ships tour.

Barbadosskippervance.com

If you know where you want to go and don't want a 'tour guide', per se, there are lots of taxi drivers at the terminal who would be more than happy to hire on for as many hours as you want. Settle a price in advance with one and chat up where you want to go.

QUESTION: Are there cabs waiting at the beaches to bring you back to the pier? My fear is getting away from the pier easily in Barbados, but not being able to get back by 5PM. Any input is appreciated. (We are cruising for 7 days on Jewel in Southern Caribbean and don't want to pay for excursions all those days... looking for less expensive way to get to beaches and back.) Thanks!