Tropical Treasures Itinerary

I had an e-mail on Friday, with these itinerary changes. Copy below. It's for departure on 23rd February 2014

Day 1 - Bridgetown 20:00

Day 2 - At sea

Day 3 - Phillipsburg 08:00-20:00

Day 4 - Basseterre 08:00-17:00

Day 5 - Castries 09:00-19:00

Day 6 - Mayreau (tender) 07:00-18:00

Day 7 - Scarborough 08:00-17:00

Day 8 - Bridgetown 06:00-20:00

Day 9 - At sea

Day 10 - St John's 08:00-18:00

Day 11 - St Barths 07:00-18:00

Day 12 - Road Town 08:00-17:00

Day 13 - Roseau 09:00-18:00

Day 14 - Kingstown (tender) 07:00-18:00

Day 15 - Bridgetown 06:00

Day 10 and 11 have been swopped around.

Roseau, Dominica port times are now 09.00 - 18.00 instead of 12.00 - 19.00

Edited by Jakanne1

interesting for my cruise 23 march, tortola has been swapped with antigua,

st barths swopped with tortola (which is a fair distance from antigua)

and antigua swapped with st barths (which is further away from dominca...the next stop)

....somethings going on?? (and its not about distance/sailing logistics??) all this extra sailing is going to take extra time? (and cost extra money)

remember the st barths/sea day confusion earlier in the year on this same itinerary??

our friends just back from dream said that st barths was dropped and the ship paid a second visit to st martin instead...I have a sneaky suspicion that i should be tracking st barths to see if the ship actually does visit that port at all this season??....it may be cynical me? but i suspect something’s afoot??

I havnt recieved any email....typical:(

Interesting - and as you say geo with extra sailing distances involved it's going to cost more so not something Thomson will be doing without good reason.

Have you checked the number of ships in port on the original schedule and for the revised dates. Any pattern there? Perhaps Thomson are trying to avoid too much congestion and in that case it would be an improvement for the passenger's - and to their credit. We shall see though if there seems to be other factors involved. :confused:

Edited by kruzseeka

I got my e-mail 7 weeks 2 days before departure, Geo. so time for you yet.

I just thought it may be because of crowded ports and meant to check ships in port, but have not had the time over the weekend. :)

I certainly do remember the St. Barths/sea day confusion. If you would track it that would be great. I'll monitor it on FB with any returning people.

Have you checked the number of ships in port on the original schedule and for the revised dates. Any pattern there? Perhaps Thomson are trying to avoid too much congestion and in that case it would be an improvement for the passenger's - and to their credit

hmmm good point there kruz & jaks:cool:

i did cut n paste which other ships were due to dock with us (on the old itinerary)

no other ships in tortola

st barths regent (small ship)

antigua 3 other ships:eek:

just going to checkout the new itinerary....

i'm back:)

so its antigua on 25th (instead of tortola) seabourne (small ship)

tortola on 26th (instead of st barths) just 1 costa ship

st barths on 27th (instead of antigua) no ships (hurrah!)

so its looking like port congestion in antigua is the most likely reason behind the itinerary change....I take back what i said about you thoms :o (it will be soo lovely to have those fabulous beaches on antigua nice and queit/deserted)

Edited by geomagot

hmmm good point there kruz & jaks:cool:

i did cut n paste which other ships were due to dock with us (on the old itinerary)

no other ships in tortola

st barths regent (small ship)

antigua 3 other ships:eek:

just going to checkout the new itinerary....

i'm back:)

so its antigua on 25th (instead of tortola) seabourne (small ship)

tortola on 26th (instead of st barths) just 1 costa ship

st barths on 27th (instead of antigua) no ships (hurrah!)

so its looking like port congestion in antigua is the most likely reason behind the itinerary change....I take back what i said about you thoms :o (it will be soo lovely to have those fabulous beaches on antigua nice and queit/deserted)

That looks like good news geo! :D Definitely better experience for passengers in non-congested ports.

It's probably better for the service industries at the ports too - it spreads the demand for taxis etc. - drivers able to take passengers on a tour on each of two days rather than one on the congested day and none the day after. If there are too many pax in port they struggle to cope so possibly it's in the interests of ports too.

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi just had my email from Thomsons - our departure is 2nd March. They have swopped St Barts with Antigua, so we are now in Antigua on the Tuesday not Wednesday as original itinery. Very disappointed as we had tickets for the West Indies vs England one day international cricket match. Tickets now not needed but already paid for. We are gutted.

Hi just had my email from Thomsons - our departure is 2nd March. They have swopped St Barts with Antigua, so we are now in Antigua on the Tuesday not Wednesday as original itinery. Very disappointed as we had tickets for the West Indies vs England one day international cricket match. Tickets now not needed but already paid for. We are gutted.

Yes I can imagine and this could be a real headache for many others too... passengers with pre-booked arrangments, local guides/tours/businesses etc will now be dealing with the changes to these 3 ports :eek:

ps...love Vegas so much :D

hmmm odd, no other ships due in on antigua on 5th march?? (when dream should be docking there)

and there is a royal caribbean ship in antigua on the tues 4th (when the dream will now be there)

no ships in st barths (other than the dream) on 4th or 5th

why would they swap this one?? (its clearly not port congestion?)

and

why go to antigua from tortola its a fair distance (passing st barts on the way)

and why go to st barts after antigua and then back on themselves past antigua again on the way back down to dominica?....v odd??:confused:

hmmm odd, no other ships due in on antigua on 5th march?? (when dream should be docking there)

and there is a royal caribbean ship in antigua on the tues 4th (when the dream will now be there)

and

why go to antigua from tortola its a fair distance (passing st barts on the way)

and why go to st barts after antigua and then back on themselves past antigua again on the way back down to dominica?....v odd??:confused:

Yes it is - clearly that's not the reason then. Must be some advantage to them though. :confused:

So sorry to hear about the tickets for the cricket. That's a real shame - no wonder you're gutted!

and

On a coach trip, it would be called a mystery tour!

As long as we do dock somewhere .......I shall be happy, (I hope) :rolleyes:

We are on the 7 day sailing on Feb 9th. Not had any indication of change in ports as yet and its only 4 weeks to go. I havn't planned anything in St Barths as I understand it is a very expensive island. Must admit not really bothered I just need to be pampered around the Caribbean with sunshine and plenty of Bacardi & Coke!!!

Hope things have improved on this ship!

Hi paulaud we are with you on this one its our 2nd week like you we don't mind in which order we do the itinery but I would be upset if I had booked something. I am just so looking forward to getting on the plane and heading for the sunshine :)

Hi Infoqueen.

Yes I saw your post on the Roll call. Really looking forward to this cruise, we did Latin Gems in Feb 2013. It was fantastic with lovely sunshine and stunning beaches. That cruise went across S America to Aruba and back again whereas this cruise sails north ish. Weather looks like it is really settling down. Looking forward to my first drink in the Delo bar!