Regal or Noordam or Liberty of the Seas for Med 2014?

dardan

We are going to the Med, found some good itineraries, but are bringing new cruisers with us who are leery of cruising. I was thinking that the Regal, being new, would be a great option. Do you think they will have worked out major kinks after 2 weeks? We will be getting balconies.

Liberty of the Seas would be a solid choice, but pricing not the best. :mad: And I have never sailed HAL. :confused: Also, we just reached platinum with Princess. :)

Any input? THANKS!!

In Europe the ship is really secondary to the ports. I personally like a smaller vessel in Europe because of getting on and off the ship in ports. I'm not sure how old your friends are and that makes a difference. I'd say Noordam definitely for people with any time of mobility issues. Liberty and Regal are huge ships and will require more walking. If you are deciding between Liberty and Regal though- I'd have to pick Regal. Royal Caribbean is my least favorite cruise line.

We are going to the Med, found some good itineraries, but are bringing new cruisers with us who are leery of cruising. I was thinking that the Regal, being new, would be a great option. Do you think they will have worked out major kinks after 2 weeks? We will be getting balconies.

Liberty of the Seas would be a solid choice, but pricing not the best. :mad: And I have never sailed HAL. :confused: Also, we just reached platinum with Princess. :)

Any input? THANKS!!

Personally, I think that many of the kinks will be worked out as far as the Regal is concerned. The Royal's kinks are known and that will give Princess a head start on preventing issues on the Regal.

A friend who has always cruised on Princess tried HAL this year and was not pleased. She found the experience sub par.

It's really going to depend on your priorities. We did Liberty in the med and were generally happy (I posted some notes here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1726735)

That said, the Regal addresses some of the issues I had (NOT entertainment, the buffet and pizza primarily). I am a little leery of being on a 2 week old ship though even if they have the Royal for a roadmap).

Since you have a little status on Platinum, if entertainment is not a priority, I'd probably go Regal first, with the LoS as a perfectly acceptable plan B.