Prepare Me For Online Registration

sarahjaney78

I get to login at midnight on Tuesday for our cruise at the end of March. I plan to login right after midnight. I've read the Disney Cruise Line Blog post from September 2012 to prepare. What else should I read? What decisions should I make? I'm mainly logging in to reserve a cabana even though I know chances of catching one are slim. We are first-time cruisers who don't know what we don't know!

Please and thank you!

I just completed the process for our upcoming Disney cruises. You can book excursions (they call port adventures), make dining reservations, book spa treatments and also get a "port arrival time". At 75 days out, we still got an 11:30am arrival time. It will ask for all the travel docs in your party as well as set up how you'll pay for your onboard expenses. So, have your credit card and docs handy so you can zip thru it all. Best thing: you don't pay for dining or excursions until the end of your cruise. That was a pleasant change from Carnival for us! Hope this helps!

It is totally easy, although they seem to periodically come up with a few quirks. As above, you'll need your passport numbers (if you have passports), your info as to travel to and from the port (flight info if applicable), names/addresses of all travelling, and how you plan to pay the onboard account. NOTE--anythig you enter can be edited later. For example, you can enter "cash" for onboard account if you don't have the credit card info handy and return to edit 2 weeks before the cruise.

You CAN book spa/excursions/adult dining without completing the registration form provided you are paid in full. So if that is you main concern, you might want to do that first.

And as to that cabana...we did more than a dozen stops at Castaway before the cabanas existed. You can have an excellent day without one!

We booked our Jan cruise in early/mid Dec. and could do online registration right away. Yeah, all the cabanas for CC were "sold out," but after seeing the price to rent one, I didn't care!

We were able to get a 10:30 arrival time, as did the other 3 families we're traveling with. Just a note there- when you're signed in to make your travel plans/book excursions, no one else linked to your reservation will be able to access that part of the site. So if your Ressies are linked, make sure you sign out after you've made your bookings.

Also, we were able to sign up DD for the Navigator club and indicate which people of the entire party of 14 would be able to sign her out. We also set up a password that people would need to provide to sign DD out of the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't know if I should start new thread or post here.

I have already completed on-line check in. BUT, I only put my CC# in and put cash for the other adult in our party. I ASSUMED she could give her CC# at the port when we check in. Is this correct??

Thank you!

Just a note about port arrival times. I have heard that there is construction being done near the Disney Terminal. I don't know how extensive it is or if it will cause a problem reaching the Terminal at your assigned time. We are going on the Fantasy, January 18 and we are thinking we'll head over to the port a little early, just in case. Does anyone know anything more about the actual, current situation regarding the port? Thanks!:)

I didn't know if I should start new thread or post here.

I have already completed on-line check in. BUT, I only put my CC# in and put cash for the other adult in our party. I ASSUMED she could give her CC# at the port when we check in. Is this correct??

Thank you!

Yes.

Yes, the other person can give their credit card number at check in. It will take just a minute longer than if it had been done in advance as the CM will have to print a form and have it signed. That's all there is to it.

Sorry, no current info on traffic near the terminal. The construction is not in the area of the DCL terminal, but could involve some of the access roads.within the port authority area.