2015 post world cruise schedule

Austcruiser84

Just wondering when to expect the release of the 2015 Cunard schedule (post World Cruise)?

At this stage one QM2 voyage is certain: 10 nights Liverpool-Halifax-Boston-NYC leaving July 4.

Would it be presumptuous to assume that the voyage before this will likely be a TA leaving NYC on 27th June and arriving in Liverpool on the 4th? Or do people think QM2 will be in UK waters prior to the Liverpool-NYC voyage?

Not sure if the Liverpool departure will be a full turnaround. Obviously it will be if QM2 arrives from a TA but I think it's possible Liverpool will be the final port in a British cruise, though I hope not.

Cunard may be hanging fire to see how the Cunard building cruise terminal is progressing.

David.

The schedule is usually released in April each year.

I would think the QM2 will sail into Liverpool from Southampton on the 4th July

Other dates for next year:

3rd May - all 3 Queens in Southampton for the 175th anniversary

24th May - QM2 arrives in Liverpool and stays overnight.

25th May - all 3 Queens in Liverpool

The schedule is usually released in April each year.

I would think the QM2 will sail into Liverpool from Southampton on the 4th July

I agree that's very possible. And no turnaround in Liverpol, which would degrade a unique voyage somewhat IMO.

David.

Yes, I just looked at my old Cunard emails. On 21st March 2013 I was offered "a first glimpse" with booking opening on 9th April. On 23rd March 2012 it gave itineraries with booking not opening until 24th April.

Cunard's website says:

Cruises from May 2015 are due to be launched from approximately April 2014.

Edited by Ray66

Yes, I just looked at my old Cunard emails. On 21st March 2013 I was offered "a first glimpse" with booking opening on 9th April. On 23rd March 2012 it gave itineraries with booking not opening until 24th April.

Cunard's website says:

Excellent. I'm hoping to be able to do a June or September TA next year. Just have to see if the QM2 schedule fits with mine!

Cunard's website says:

Just checked my 2013 records too Ray and I managed to get a booking confirmation in late March but that was for what I think they call an "expression of interest" or something of the sort. The full booking confirmation was received in April.

J

It's prudent to be cautious booking a crossing or cruise too far in advance. Changes can be be made between the preliminary release on-line and the printed brochures. About three years ago some members of this forum booked crossings approximately 15 months in advance. Before the printed brochures were released Cunard cancelled those voyages and substituted two cruises. That isn't a big problem if the crossing is the only thing booked so far in advance, but some people booked flights in conjunction with their crossing. I didn't know flights could be booked more than a year in advance, but some people did it.

It's prudent to be cautious booking a crossing or cruise too far in advance. Changes can be be made between the preliminary release on-line and the printed brochures. About three years ago some members of this forum booked crossings approximately 15 months in advance. Before the printed brochures were released Cunard cancelled those voyages and substituted two cruises. That isn't a big problem if the crossing is the only thing booked so far in advance, but some people booked flights in conjunction with their crossing. I didn't know flights could be booked more than a year in advance, but some people did it.

Sadly my wife's medical condition now means that we require a disability adapted cabin so the days of being able to sit on the fence and wait for a good deal are long gone.

J

I'm merely curious. I wouldn't book until around Nov/Dec this year for June 2015. Independently booked flights can't generally be done until 11-10 months before. Even then it's better to wait as initial release prices are always higher than what you can get later.

Husband and I just signed on to "world" cruise for January 2015.

We are starting in NY jan. 2015 and will end in NY

May 2015.

Anyone out there yet signed on?

Sherry28461

G'day Sherry

Wow, that's some cruise! We will be on from 2 April 2015 (Fremantle to Cape Town leg). Can't wait :)

Will be my first time in Africa.

cheers

Rosie