Formal Attire?

BrandonH

I only wear a nice dress shirt, tie and slacks and have never been turned away for a formal night on a Princess cruise. I see others do the same thing in the DR's on Formal night.....:)

I've never seen anyone turned away either. But I can hardly represent to a poster asking a question that my personal observations represent the true state of affairs on all ships at all times. As noted in Post #4, getting turned away is possible. That is information that would be good to know in advance. Right?

#2 - I don't know where you live, but you can go to a Marshalls/Ross/even Kohls, buy a jacket, inexpensive, heck if u keep it clean, u can return it, also.. ;) Nordstrom Rack is a good choice too..

Who would do that??:o

I stopped bringing any jacket or tie to wear a few cruises ago. I have never been turned away from the dining room. In fact, our waiter encouraged us to come to the dining room on formal night even though we told her we did not have ties or jackets. Go however you feel like. If people don't like it too bad for them. You don't have to play dress up if you don't want.