Cabin 8068 Grandeur of the Seas, jr. suite

We were on The Grandeur of the Seas last week, just thought fellow cruisers might like to know this cabin was a little noisy. We heard 2 different noises, starting as early as 5:30am and as late as 1:00am. First noise was like someone was jumping on the floor above us, second noise was rolling of luggage. Noises were heard off and on through out the day and night. Park cafe is above this room, we believe the noises were coming from the kitchen area.

Did you complain to anyone during your cruise?

We had the same problem a few years ago on a sister ship in a cabin close to yours. We complained passionately for the first 3 days (we were exhausted from lack of sleep). :(

By day 4 they found a way to stop it from midnight to 6am. :)

We went upstairs to see if we could figure out where the noise was coming from. A cruise employee asked if he could help us, we told him about the noise. He said they have had other complaints about this and we need to make a formal complaint at the front desk. We did, but it was toward the end of our stay. Front desk clerk took down all the information.......said they would look into it.

I was on the Grandeur last April for her reposition cruise. We were in 8056. We had some issues with noise overhead too.

RCL added the Park Cafe to the back of the Solarium [where pizza used to be]. We were awakened anywhere from 3:45-5:30 am by rolling carts overhead. They likely did not bother people under the pool deck because the deck is smooth there. However, the solarium is tiled. Hence the noise.

We are not people that complain, but, I did talk to guest services about this. [so did several other people on our side of the ship] Guest services acted very concerned. We had two members of the hotel staff come to talk to us. They wanted us to pinpoint times this occurred so they could look at the ship cameras and see who was doing this. [we were not trying to get anyone in trouble--but, by day three I was tired]

At first they told me it could not be from the galley because it was at the other end of the ship. [Well, duh! I knew that.] When I told him it was carts resupplying the Park Cafe for breakfast it was like a light bulb went off in his head.

They told us they were going to hand carry item to the Park Cafe--and it got better. But, the carts never stopped. I think I just got used to them.

On our last day they put a letter in our cabin with a small credit. We had not asked for it and did not expect it.

We sail the Grandeur in a couple of months. but, we booked on the other side of the ship. :D