Which airport is closer to Port in Long beach?

kidzrnseattle

We are on the Miracle that will arrive in Long Beach on Sat. March 8. We booked with airline miles a r/t ticket in and out of SNA. Our flight is 10:45 (we didn't realize arrival time was not 7 am as most of the cruises we do arrive very early am. For those of you that have done this cruise in the past, what time does self assist debarkation usually occur, how long from debarking to SNA with a private transfer? Any advise. I will be checking to see what changes we may be able to make with the airline in the meantime. Thanks for any help.

We are on the Miracle that will arrive in Long Beach on Sat. March 8. We booked with airline miles a r/t ticket in and out of SNA. Our flight is 10:45 (we didn't realize arrival time was not 7 am as most of the cruises we do arrive very early am. For those of you that have done this cruise in the past, what time does self assist debarkation usually occur, how long from debarking to SNA with a private transfer? Any advise. I will be checking to see what changes we may be able to make with the airline in the meantime. Thanks for any help.

Cutting it extremely close. SNA is a good 30 minutes from Long Beach.

You really need to be the first off the ship doing self assist. It should start around 8-8:30.

CBP at Long Beach is never predictable.

We are flying into Long Beach Airport for a cruise. Do we need to book transportation from airport to ship ahead of time? Or is it just as easy and economical to just get a cab when we arrive? Thank you!

Unless you are coming in with a ton of others headed for the pier & cutting it really close - I think the taxis that are sitting there will do fine. There are a whole line up of them just across the walkway from the airport - there are always police standing around in front of the airport & I'm sure one of them could point out the direction if you don't see it. (Give me a chance in a new place & I will find a way to walk the wrong direction - maybe due to near sightedness). It's very close, just a couple minutes walk.

As for economy - can't tell you that. I have only taken a taxi to a local hotel, don't have a good mind picture of distances involved or taxi fares.

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

Long Beach is closer and IMO is a better airport for a cruise trip. Delta has quite a few flights in/out of there. LAX is too congested for my liking. But then again I don't like driving downtown LA.

LAX isn't near downtown L.A., though Amtrak does, inexplicably, use LAX as their code to designate Union Station in downtown. You wouldn't go through downtown to get to LAX from the port (unless your taxi driver wanted to increase the fare). Your original question was which airport is closest. Easy answer: Long Beach. Then Orange County. Then LAX. You can obviously check fares and schedules from each airport to your destination. I have no problems using LAX, but would opt for one of the others IF feasible.

Edited by Fattony