Island Marketing Ltd

winterpeg2004

We are using them next week to go to goffs caye. I will let you know how,it went.

Us too. The day was fantastic! However, you have to tender to the pier, then wait in line to get checked in, then take a boat back out past the cruise ships to Goff's Caye. They do not pick you up directly from the ship. I think only ship excursions pick up directly, saving about up to an hour.

Back now. We had an awesome tie going to goffs caye.

They were there waiting for us when we got off the ship. Everything was very organized and we really enjoyed ourselves. The people were all very friendly. I definitely recommend them.

Glad to hear! I hope to visit them again one day. How was the weather for you? Our day was rainy but we still had a blast. That's us on Goff's Caye in my avatar with the lobster and Belikin.

Hey we are on this same excursion next month. Did you have any time to look around the port after it was finished or, are we pretty much going to have to get on the tender as soon as we get back?

Hey we are on this same excursion next month. Did you have any time to look around the port after it was finished or, are we pretty much going to have to get on the tender as soon as we get back?

We were on the carnival dream and had plenty of time to walk around afterwards. What time is your ship in Belize?

We had time before and after. Before: Island Marketing is a very busy tour company. They have several tours going, and most leave before the Goffs Caye tour does. We were led to the very last building on the pier (all the way to the left if you have your back to the ocean) and told to stand in line. They checked people in by tour departure time. Ours going to GC was last. I stood in line and talked w some new friends while bf went around to the shops and bought some rum and souvenirs. You can bring your own alcohol but they give you free all you care to drink rum punch and it's strong!

After returning, we poked around some of the shops more in the back side of the shopping building. There is a souvenir shop there run by a Chinese man which I thought was funny. He was watching Chinese soap operas. My mom loves those that's why I thought it was funny. He has very good deals but he's super grumpy.

We tried to go outside the port area but the outside vendors are very aggressive. We turned right back around and went back in the complex.

Edited by whataboutport

We had time before and after. Before: Island Marketing is a very busy tour company. They have several tours going, and most leave before the Goffs Caye tour does. We were led to the very last building on the pier (all the way to the left if you have your back to the ocean) and told to stand in line. They checked people in by tour departure time. Ours going to GC was last. I stood in line and talked w some new friends while bf went around to the shops and bought some rum and souvenirs. You can bring your own alcohol but they give you free all you care to drink rum punch and it's strong!

After returning, we poked around some of the shops more in the back side of the shopping building. There is a souvenir shop there run by a Chinese man which I thought was funny. He was watching Chinese soap operas. My mom loves those that's why I thought it was funny. He has very good deals but he's super grumpy.

We tried to go outside the port area but the outside vendors are very aggressive. We turned right back around and went back in the complex.

Perfect, and thanks for the heads up about outside the gate. We are on NCL, with an 8am to 6pm stop, was thinking about hitting the little crafts market outside of the gates, but don't want to deal with a lot of stress to do it on a vacation.

Perfect, and thanks for the heads up about outside the gate. We are on NCL, with an 8am to 6pm stop, was thinking about hitting the little crafts market outside of the gates, but don't want to deal with a lot of stress to do it on a vacation.

Don't let that deter you from the straw market directly outside the Tourism Village...yes, they can seem a little aggressive, but they are actually quite polite if you politely tell them, "No, thanks." Just be aware of your surroundings and keep a smile on your face. Don't wander too far from the Village and if you become uncomfortable, head back inside the gates.

We had a horrible experience with Island Marketing in Belize. What was supposed to be a 40 minute bus ride to Altun Ha, took 2 hours. The way back to port was no better and we caught the LAST TENDER back to the ship. M&M, our guide kept telling us, 'oh don't worry, I've never been late before'. This would be the last place I'd want to be stranded in.

We had a horrible experience with Island Marketing in Belize. What was supposed to be a 40 minute bus ride to Altun Ha, took 2 hours. The way back to port was no better and we caught the LAST TENDER back to the ship. M&M, our guide kept telling us, 'oh don't worry, I've never been late before'. This would be the last place I'd want to be stranded in.

Hey, another fellow triangle, nc poster.

Just curious, but did you have bus problems?

I agree, Belize is not a place I would like to get stranded.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to post my review of Island Marketing. The way I understand it, Island Marketing is kind of like a booking agency who uses local providers in each port to provide the services. We recently cruised to Belize (Oct 2013) and booked an excursion to Altun-Ha through IM. We were booked with X-Stream Tours in Belize, and since we had 10 people going we were told it would be a private van for our group, and that the earlier we got to shore the earlier we could leave. We were off the ship fairly early and when we got to the meeting area for X-Stream Tours we were the first ones there. What was supposed to be a 10 minute turn around from checking-in to departure turned into a 45-60 minute wait. We waited until every person booked on a tour arrived, then they sat us in a little bar area where people were peddling their junk souvenirs to everyone. All of the tour drivers were there, but everyone was just sitting around waiting. Finally, one customer got sick of the peddlers and asked if he bought $20 of junk would he leave. Magically, once he did this all of the tours were ready to leave.

Once we finally walked to our van we didn't have a private van for our group like we were told, we had another couple added with us. That usually wouldn't be a big deal, but I wanted what we were told we would receive. Plus, when you cram 12 people into the seats, plus backpacks, fanny packs, cameras, water, etc., space is at a premium and it was way too crowded. The drive sucked big time. We all know how the roads in Belize are, and I expected a rough and bumpy ride. I didn't expect to do so crammed into a crowded van with a non/half-functioning air conditioner. We arrived at Altun-Ha and really enjoyed it. The only problem was the couple who were with us just about sprinted through the site, not climbing anything, taking very few pictures, etc. They finished and were sitting by the van before we were even halfway done. This made our driver/guide hurry us along so we didn't get the full experience.

The drive back went as well as can be expected but we were really hungry and wondering when our provided lunch was going to happen. We didn't stop anywhere on the way back to the port and at this point I really didn't care. We would just stop by the Wet Lizard and enjoy some tasty coconut shrimp. By the time we returned to the bar we left from we were all hot, sweaty, stinky and hungry.

Which brings me to my next complaint. They finally provided us with our 'lunch' halfway into the afternoon. It was about 2:30/3:00 when we returned, so not much time to do anything before boarding the tenders. We were given some Belize meal that I am sure, when prepared correctly, is pretty tasty. However, what we received were banana leaves wrapped around chicken bones, with a bit of meat and skin thrown in for flavor. Not a single person in our 10 person group ate any of it. By this time we were so upset we just all got up and walked out. We still went to the wet lizard and enjoyed the coconut shrimp.

All in all, my advice...Altun-Ha is nice to visit. Our complaints thus far have fallen on deaf ears, and I will never book another excursion with Island Marketing again.