Eastern Carribean Excursions

sabookkeeper

I am trying to figure out if I will be able to go on any of the ship excursions since I will have to bring my scooter (it folds) with me.

In San Juan, we are just planning to go for a walk in Old San Juan - will I be able to get around on my scooter?

We were hoping to go over to St. John Island. I cannot find anywhere if I can bring my scooter on the ferry. Once there, can I leave it at the Cruz Port while we are on the sight seeing portion of the excursion?

On St. Marten we were hoping to take an excursions which will take us to Marigot. If it is a bus, will I be able to put the scooter underneath in their luggage compartment?

Darlene

We just returned from the Eastern Caribbean with my Dad who is in a scooter (he has a Tzora). If your scooter folds easily, both ShoreTrips and ShoreExcursions will accommodate you. We saw everything we wanted to in San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten (including Marigot). The drivers were super friendly and helpful. I would suggest calling both companies and telling them your needs. Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

• 1 month later...

We were on the Sun in early Feb. I use a wheelchair and had my rollator with me. I phoned NCL Shore Excursions to see if I could go on certain excursions we had selected. I was able to go on all of them with my rollator, and since they were NCL tours, they had someone wheel me to the excursion departure point, and, meet us when we returned. I am sure all lines will help you if you ask in advance.