Success of precruise request for table for 2

tootsiescurly

How successful have you been when emailing the maitre'd for a table for 2? I sent an email Dec 6 requesting a table for 2. We are sailing this Friday the 17th of January. It is a milestone birthday cruise for me. We have had a difficult several months and would like to enjoy each others company.

If you are interested in Anytime Dining you can have dining for 2 every night. No need to request it pre-cruise. only thing is, more if you want a more private table for 2, you could request that each time you go to the dining room. That's what we did on the Glory this past august.

I cannot speak of the set dining times. Back when all Carnival had was set dining times, we took whatever table seating arrangement they gave.

If you are interested in Anytime Dining you can have dining for 2 every night. No need to request it pre-cruise. only thing is, more if you want a more private table for 2, you could request that each time you go to the dining room. That's what we did on the Glory this past august.

I cannot speak of the set dining times. Back when all Carnival had was set dining times, we took whatever table seating arrangement they gave.

We have late seating. We are hoping the maitre'd honored our request. We do not care for anytime dining.

Sometimes those tables for two are three inches from another table :rolleyes:

Don't mind, just don't want to have to make small talk with people we have nothing in common with. Sorry to sound like a snob. This is not my intention. This cruise is for us to unwind after major stress for the last 10 months. We just want to spend time together.

Hi!

We've had success getting a table for two every time we've email requested. Just make sure that when you board you go and visit the maitre'd during their available time in the afternoon in one of the dining rooms, it's advertised in the funtimes, and just go and check in with them in person and if they hadn't given you a table for 2, they will change it and reassign you a seat.

Hope this helps!

-Lauren

p.s. I completely understand what you mean by just wanting to relax together and not with other people.....

Don't mind, just don't want to have to make small talk with people we have nothing in common with. Sorry to sound like a snob. This is not my intention. This cruise is for us to unwind after major stress for the last 10 months. We just want to spend time together.

I don't think you are a snob at all. I too prefer a private table. What I was getting at is that some of the private tables for two are essentially the same as sharing a table. I do your time dining and have always gotten a booth and have also had the continuity of set dining by requesting the same serving team.

To email the ship's Maitre'D use this format:

xxmaitred at carnival dot com

where XX is:

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstasy

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

I emailed them a few weeks ago. Do you get a reply? Should I email them again? I sail in a few weeks!!! Can't wait!!

Some get a reply some do not .I guess it depends on the ship.We have never had an issue although we do early dinner.If I were you I would go directly to the MDR once you sail and speak with the maître d or assistant and I am sure 99% that they will make it happen (if it already hasn't happened because of your email)

Enjoy your cruise

I would email again and if you get a reply take a copy with you. And go to the dining room on embarkation day to check your table assignment.I emailed them on our last cruise, the Pride, received a reply that they would honor our request so I did not go to the dining room when we boarded to double check but when we went to dinner it was a table for 8! We had it switched with no issues. Are you platinum?

It worked for me. I emailed prior to my cruise last July on the Valor out of Puerto Rico and never heard back. However, when we arrived for our early dining time, they informed me that we would be seated at a table for two per my request. Good luck.

It's called room service in your cabin.

For our 20th anniversary cruise on the Liberty we had our PVP request a private table for two and just "hoped for the best". Our request was honored and we had a "perfect" table for two. It was not 2" from other tables. On that class of ship at the time they had a line of 2-tops that ran along the back of the dining room just beyond the long half-booth tables. During this cruise we had early seating. Last April on the Dream, now our 25th anniversary we had "my time" dining and were asked each evening when we checked in if we wanted a table for two or was it ok to sit with others. The great part that we have fallen in love with is that you can still request a dining team too- if you liked the team you had on night one, just ask for them again. We have still been able to develop a relationship with them, if you choose. And if for some reason you don't like the servers or the table mates, it's not awkward...

It's called room service in your cabin.

The beauty of life is we all of our own wants and desires and we are hopefully able to achieve them with or without the acceptance of others! My DH is a very picky eater so we have learned that it is just easier to sit by ourselves than answer all the questions! And we have still managed to make numerous cruise friends!

I would email again and if you get a reply take a copy with you. And go to the dining room on embarkation day to check your table assignment.I emailed them on our last cruise, the Pride, received a reply that they would honor our request so I did not go to the dining room when we boarded to double check but when we went to dinner it was a table for 8! We had it switched with no issues. Are you platinum?

Yes we are platinum. We are also in the owner's suite. Hopefully, they will honor our request. The ship is completely full because of the Angel's baseball fan cruise. I really don't want to sit with other people, just want to relax! I am fearful they will not be able to change our table which will make me eat in the buffet every night with exception of the chef's table. The buffet food is not very good thus I do not really want to eat there but also don't want to be forced to make small talk.

Yes we are platinum. We are also in the owner's suite. Hopefully, they will honor our request. The ship is completely full because of the Angel's baseball fan cruise. I really don't want to sit with other people, just want to relax! I am fearful they will not be able to change our table which will make me eat in the buffet every night with exception of the chef's table. The buffet food is not very good thus I do not really want to eat there but also don't want to be forced to make small talk.

You should be just fine! Enjoy your cruise! I am all to familiar with the need for a getaway and that includes table mates ;)!

You should be just fine! Enjoy your cruise! I am all to familiar with the need for a getaway and that includes table mates ;)!

Thank you Debi!!! Most people think I am being a snob. Not my intent. Just need some time with my husband even if people are close at other tables.