Glass lifts on the Radiance

I am planning on booking a cruise on the Radiance later this year. I have heard

most of the lifts are glass on both sides.

I have been on the Rhapsody and I did not like using the Centrum lifts which are only half glass. Most of the time I used the stairs or the "normal" lifts. When I had to use the Centrum lifts, I made sure I faced the doors.

Has anyone with a fear of heights been on the Radiance. How did you cope with the glass lifts?

Hi,

The Radiance lifts IN THE CENTRUM - on the ocean side- have glass doors facing the lobby. They are very thick and have patterns on them. The back wall is clear glass. Then there is a space of about 3 meters and another glass wall to the ocean. You are not directly over the ocean so they are not scary. The other two walls are solid.

The ones on the other side of the lobby have the same front and side. The back wall is clear glass and looks over the Centrum. You may feel less comfortable in them.

The forward elevators are traditional ones with all solid walls. If you did feel uncomfortable you could use them.

I travelled on one trip with a person who didn't like them. She stood in the front corner (near the buttons) and was fine.