bringing sodas aboard

CRUISERMOMX3

I took a 24 pack on- it was in a duffle bag, so it counted as one of my two items (although I don't think they were strict about that either.) I am pretty sure I saw a guy with 48 count pack as we were boarding. So, I guess you are limited to what you can carry or "check", but I'm not sure if there's an official limit.

I verified with NCL that you can bring sodas/juice/water aboard but does anyone know the limit. Is it a 12 pack per person or based on the length of your cruise? Has anyone tried bringing on anything that they questioned?

Glad you verified with NCL. Many have indicated that when you call in, you might be told you can not.

In reality, people do it all the time. If you read these boards much you will see there is no problem. Some ports like Tampa have a problem where porters will not take cases, etc. Pack in checked bag or carryon.

If I put sodas in my checked bag won't they call me down to the naughty room? lol. If they are inside your pull on luggage, will they ask me to open the suitcase so they can check what's inside. Sure could be embarrassing if you have other personal items in there too.

We took it on board in hand luggage no problem

You can also drop it with the luggage, stick a label on it

The best one I saw was a family in New Orleans who had a travel cart that had costco packs on it on soda and water, 48 cans in each and stacked 3 high and they wheeled it on as they embarked

I just got off the phone with NCL (should have checked this forum first!). They said it is all based on the 50lb. limit. Bring as much as you want, make sure there is a luggage tag on it and if weighs less than 50lbs it counts as one of your luggage pieces. We will definitely be doing this when we leave from Tampa this weekend!

I just got off the phone with NCL (should have checked this forum first!). They said it is all based on the 50lb. limit. Bring as much as you want, make sure there is a luggage tag on it and if weighs less than 50lbs it counts as one of your luggage pieces. We will definitely be doing this when we leave from Tampa this weekend!

As said before, porters in Tampa or New Orleans do not generaly take beverages as checked luggage - I've personally tried and failed in Tampa. No problems with what they told you in other ports though.

Edited by Demonyte

We are going to try something on our upcoming Epic cruise.

We have a Sodastream at home. Instead of trying to cater to individual tastes, we will take club soda and syrups to mix our own. Diet ginger ale, diet cola and tonic water.

Sodastream is prohibited. CO2 cartridges are the problem. They will give it back at the end of the cruise. You might be better off with a "Plan B". Good luck.