Bus To Public Beach

Saphire

The last time we were in Grand Cayman we took a taxi to Sea Grape beach. I didn't like the experience as we had to wait in a hot van for it to fill up. This time we want to try the bus, and go to Public Beach.

Can anyone tell me where exactly the bus stop is? Do you have to wait a while for it to come along? I have read it is $2.50 pp and to have exact change. Anything else I should know? Thanks!

We walked to bus terminal, and took bus on entire route and returned back to terminal. Ps, don't forget your cash like we did!

It was more like a van than a "bus" though. Only seated 9 passengers. There were people waiting for us to get on, so I would assume unless you have good luck with timing, you would wait in a hot van at the bus terminal aswell.

Edited by canadian85

The last time we were in Grand Cayman we took a taxi to Sea Grape beach.

Saphire,

How was the Beach?

Can anyone recommend any other public beaches?

DW & I on our own, looking to hit a beach early, make our way back mid-day, rummage around town before hitting the pier.

Thanks,

Thanks for the responses. :)

Sea Grape was just beautiful, but it was crowded. So we walked a long way up to Governor's Beach and it was quiet and secluded. There were no facilities there. This time I would like to try the Public Beach as there are restrooms, and we can walk down the beach if there are too many people. The whole stretch is just lovely, easy to walk, crystal water...it was a delightful day and we look forward to going back.

I thought Sea Grape was the public beach.

Please help me understand where Sea Grape, Calico Jack's, and the "Public Beach" are in relation to one another.

We are looking for a quiet sand beach. Aside from a bathroom, we don't really need much else.

Thanks!

Sea Grape, Public Beach, and Governor's Beach are all names given to sections of Seven Mile Beach. Other sections have other names.

Governor's Beach is immediately adjacent to, and just north of, the Westin Resort. North means further away from George Town and the cruise tender docks.

There is quite a gap, perhaps a mile or so as you pass several condos continuing north along the beach, until you reach Seven Mile Beach Public Beach.

Calico Jacks is a restaurant on the beach at the northernmost end of Public Beach. It marks the unofficial dividing line between Public Beach and Sea Grape which are adjacent to one another.

Continuing further north, immediately adjacent to Sea Grape is SurfSide Beach. Surfside is across from the road from where the Courtyard by Marriott used to be.

Tiki Beach is even further north than SurfSide, perhaps by a half mile or so.

So sorry, the beach we went to was Royal Palms, the one closest to the pier. We walked north to Governor's.

Next time, we want to be dropped off by taxi or bus even further north, to the Public Beach.

Thanks for the clarification. :)