Freedom of the Seas eating places

beshears

Thank you for helping me with my questions. Now I have another one.

To "us" the Freedom of the Seas is a very expensive ship, compared to what we have been doing these past years. We are thinking of doing the Navigator of the Seas, and probably not as "fancy", etc. as the Freedom, but if you have been on it, did you like it?

The Navigator is a lovely ship. Similar to the Freedom bit slightly smaller and doesn't have the flow rider. You won't be disappointed. Have been on both.

Edited by tonyt

Our first and, so far, only cruise was on Freedom last June. LOVED IT!!! We were never at a loss for anything to do and always found a place to quietly relax. Our favorite show was the ventriloquist they had while we were there. The ice show was nice and we enjoyed the magic and musical shows. Missed the others because we were having fun elsewhere. By far, our favorite hang-out was the Flowrider. DH persevered and got to be a reliable 'surfer' and it was a blast watching everyone else progress during the week.

Loved Johnny Rockets and Chops, enjoyed most of the food in the MDR, LOVED our servers there, only went to the Windjammer for quick bites that we didn't care how they tasted, ate way too much late-night pizza from Sorrentos and too many cookies from the Cafe, never bothered with Ben and Jerrys or the cupcake place.

While it was our first cruise, it won't be our last!! :D

Welcome to RC. You will find it to be worlds better than Carnival. RC buffets are SO much better, from the way they are set up, to the selection and variety, and the quality of food. I agree that RC prices are more expensive than Carnival, but trust me, it's worth it. Carnival's low prices are pulling in a lower class of people that do not follow the cruise etiquette that you will find on RC. (no offense meant to those who do not fall in that category.) There are just a few differences between Freedom and Navigator. Navigator does not have Sorrentos pizza, the H2O zone water park area, or Flow Rider. It also does not have the cantilever whirlpools, but does have a huge whirlpool in the gym that is almost always empty. I actually like the Voyager class ships better (Navigator's class). Johnny Rockets is worth the $4.95 pp cover charge as a change of pace. The food is excellent and it's a fun environment. Sorrentos has pizza, paninis, salad, bread, a selection of olives, and a selection of small desserts. Water is available to drink. We found the pizza to be just okay, but a nice change of pace. This is a good place for lunch on embarkation day if you want to avoid the Windjammer crowds. Café Promenade is one of my favorite places on the ship. They have delicious little sandwiches that vary by the day. I love the egg salad on embarkation day, and the ham & cheese is available each day & is delicious. The tuna salad croissant is excellent too. On Navigator, the Café has pizza also. You will also find fruit cups, desserts and pastries, and cookies. The ranger cookies and toffee cookies are delicious. Again, water is available to drink, and everything is free. We love the Café and are there every day for some sort of snack. I like to stop there to grab a cookie before seeing a movie in the screening room or going to the ice show. You will love RC!

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I hadn't got back with you sooner, but I was waiting :confused:, to see if my friend was going to be able to go with me, because she had surgery that was coming up. Well she is going to be able to go, and we are going to go on the Freedom of the Seas.

Yes, I did mention that we normally do Carnival, mainly for me, because I like their beds, and their rooms are a tad larger than the other cruise ships (NCL, RCCL, HAL) that I have been on down through the years.

I am going to make notes of what you all of said about the Freedom. If you can think of anything, one way or anther, please let me know.

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I hadn't got back with you sooner, but I was waiting :confused:, to see if my friend was going to be able to go with me, because she had surgery that was coming up. Well she is going to be able to go, and we are going to go on the Freedom of the Seas.

Yes, I did mention that we normally do Carnival, mainly for me, because I like their beds, and their rooms are a tad larger than the other cruise ships (NCL, RCCL, HAL) that I have been on down through the years.

I am going to make notes of what you all of said about the Freedom. If you can think of anything, one way or anther, please let me know.

Carnival has absolutely NOTHING sailing the ocean that comes close to comparing to Freedom of the Seas :) Its probably more expensive than you are use to but I have no doubts you will find that its worth it.

Prepare for major jaw drop as soon as you board the ship. She is absolutely breath taking for a first time Freedom cruiser. What a wonderful cruise ship with a wonderful crew.

You two will have a blast! :)