Cruise and stay

Hope I can explain this right as everyone is so helpful on here.

We are interested in the Highlights of the Med Thomson cruise for 28th June

And a certain hotel for the stay part. But against the hotel we like they say there are only deluxe and suites cabins available on the dream but against other hotels all the range of cabins comes up from inside right up. I just can't understand this? Any ideas. Thankyou

Hi- I'm not sure what's going wrong. I tried a search for cruise and stay 28th June from any SW airport and all the options that came up had two listings- one for hotel and deluxe, one for hotel and other cabins. There were no hotels that did not show two. Was it a stay and cruise rather than cruise and stay? Did you try putting the details in the search box or go through other search menus?

kate

Hope I can explain this right as everyone is so helpful on here.

We are interested in the Highlights of the Med Thomson cruise for 28th June

And a certain hotel for the stay part. But against the hotel we like they say there are only deluxe and suites cabins available on the dream but against other hotels all the range of cabins comes up from inside right up. I just can't understand this? Any ideas. Thankyou

Do you know Camp de Mar aprilfool01? It is a lovely location as long as you do not mind being in a rather remote area - nearest shops are at Paguera a short drive or 15 minute hourly bus ride away. A hire car is really essential unless you want to keep paying out for taxis.

Apologies if you have been before and already know all this.

Edited by campolady

Don't know what I would do without Cruise Critic - everyone is so kind and helpful. Thank you Campolady , we love Majorca and have not been

To Camp de Mar before just thought it looked nice. We also like the look of Hotels a Protur Alicia and Hotel Levante at Cala Bona or Hotel a Platja d'or at Alcudia. Keep going over and over them , driving poor DH mad - so please if anyone can help , perhaps been on a cruise and stay - would be very grateful.

(Ps thank you barnowl1950 I don't know how I missed it did it so many times and just couldn't see It)

April.

The Son Matias is nice, we went years ago and many on here still recommend it.

There is a thread on here about it:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1960586

The Camp De Mar hotel is nice too, (again we did it many years ago) but as Campolady says it is a bit remote. On balance we would do the Son Matias over this one.

Don't know what I would do without Cruise Critic - everyone is so kind and helpful. Thank you Campolady , we love Majorca and have not been

To Camp de Mar before just thought it looked nice. We also like the look of Hotels a Protur Alicia and Hotel Levante at Cala Bona or Hotel a Platja d'or at Alcudia. Keep going over and over them , driving poor DH mad - so please if anyone can help , perhaps been on a cruise and stay - would be very grateful.

(Ps thank you barnowl1950 I don't know how I missed it did it so many times and just couldn't see It)

I would stay away from Platja d'or, more like a retirement home than a hotel, IMO, with entertainment (if you can call it thaat) held in an outbuilding next to the main hotel, with no bar.

Also, Alcudia, as nice and falt as it is, is a good 60/75 minute transfer both ways.

Thank you Campolady , we love Majorca and have not been

To Camp de Mar before just thought it looked nice.

You are most welcome. We too love Majorca - we had a place there for 12 years and still return at least twice a year to see friends.

Out of your list of suggestions we have friends who regularly stay at the Alicia; alternatively I too would suggest you look at the Son Matias.

Edited by campolady

You're welcome aprilfool01...happens to the best of us at times :D

Edited by barnowl1950
wrong words

We stayed in a Protur Hotel in Sa Coma. The Hotel was recently refurbished and was beautiful with modern decor, spacious rooms with a very comfortable seated area, the biggest walk in shower we have ever had and a lovely pool area. Evening entertainment was average. We don't usually do hotel entertainment anyway but there is nothing else to do in Sa Coma. We went with first choice and had AI. The downside of the Hotel for us was the food. We felt it was more geared towards the German palate than ours and we found the food quite limited.

Sounds like our hotel in Madeira Nell. Hardly any choice, meat tough, no veggie option, very few vegetables (none one night!!) instant mashed potato and only one soup. Best of the food, was the rolls, the ice cream and the soup :rolleyes: I guess they have to please a lot of nationalities, but who likes tough meat and smash?:p