Cunard Platinum Member on a Celebrity Cruise

icydog

Why do you say that? I just got back from a 15 night Mediterranean cruise on the Queen Victoria and I had an unbelievably good time. The service and food were exceptional. Can Celebrity be as good? I sincerely hope so. This will be my first Celebrity cruse.

Same here! we've always sailed on Cunard. With them pretty much abandoning the Caribbean(cut throat competition)we have to look elsewhere. My TA always does Celebrity. He loves it. Says it's not as formal(which we like)as Cunard, but says the food is excellent(being foodies, we're hoping)So we're giving celebrity a try. Doing a 2 week voyage Jan.25(the Eclipse)This should give us a good feel for the line. If we like it we'll stay. If not we'll try HAL. My TA doesn't really care too much for Princess,even after 10 trips. As a TA they get "special" rates on various cruiselines.

I guess people still do not realize that there is a big difference between Carnival Corp and Carnival Cruise Line.

Think of Carnival Corp as General Motors in the cruising bus....Carnival(Chevy)HAL(Buick)Princess(Pontiac,oh well!)Cunard(Cadillac)Costa(like Princess)Seaborne(Mercedes level)

Celebrity, I think, will be similar to Cunard, but without the "formal" dresscodes.

I say that because I believe that some of the cruise lines that were taken over by Carnival have seen standards decline since that take-over, i.e they were better before. This information is based on personal family experience the experience of friends and from what I've read on forums and in the media.

I wouldn't want Carnival to buy Celebrity. It's as simple as that, I like it the way it is and wouldn't want it to change.

We have friends who have only cruised Cunard, they love Cunard, they like Celebrity but not as much because they don't find Celebrity formal enough for them, they like to dress up more for dinner.

In the end it's all personal choice. I hope you have a great cruise! :)

I love the formality of Cunard, but if Celebrity wins us over for food & activities, we'll leave the tuxes at home.

I guess people still do not realize that there is a big difference between Carnival Corp and Carnival Cruise Line.

Yep. I've been on Princess, RCL, Cunard and soon Celebrity. I'd never go on a Carnival Cruise line ship. They are all different types of experiences and I don't have a favourite yet. Princess staff are very engaging, RCL is a fun experience and QM 2 completely different again. I wonder what Celebrity will be like?

I don't think I'll ever get too much loyalty from anyone as I travel for different purposes all the time. Itinerary first though.

And loyalty between the different cruise lines within a corporation is not transferable. OBC for the corporations shareholders is though.

Keith M for different reasons, seems we are both going to try out Celebrity :p.

Edited by Pushka