Obstructed Balcony on Deck 8 QM2

maxcom

I wonder if anyone can help ive booked a 4 day cruise for my Ruby wedding anniversary on QM2 in September my grown up kids and partners are on the cruise too and we are all on deck 8 with obstructed views .

i have done many cruises on all the lines but never on QM" and i was wondering if anyone had been in these cabins before .

Were only on for four days so its not an issue i just wondered if the lifeboats completely obliterated the view

If you book the cabin you could even be upgraded to an in hull sheltered balcony, no gaurantee , but we have many times

Robin....this has come up before. We had our sheltered balcony booked for almost a year.....three weeks prior to the voyage, they upgraded us to deck 8. :eek: Took a lot of effort to get our cabin back.

That said, we've also had a chosen cabin on deck 8 and loved it. Ours was between lifeboats and we had a fine view. Watch out for unexpected workers being on the lifeboats. Quite a surprise to wake up to see them there.:)

Robin....this has come up before. We had our sheltered balcony booked for almost a year.....three weeks prior to the voyage, they upgraded us to deck 8. :eek: Took a lot of effort to get our cabin back.

That said, we've also had a chosen cabin on deck 8 and loved it. Ours was between lifeboats and we had a fine view. Watch out for unexpected workers being on the lifeboats. Quite a surprise to wake up to see them there.:)

Yes. I think from obstructed you go to sheltered. Balcony, from there it is deck 8 unobstructed :)

I'm not keen on deck 8. You never know who is out there

This may also happen on deck 11 when the workers pass by in an outside lift...

We choose to get deck 8! You get all the sunshine...but at a reduced cost.

We have seen workers on rare occasions (10 crossings for us, all on deck 8), but I've never once seen one look into a cabin. I'm sure that's what they're told. Also, they are very busy doing their tasks and concentrate on them.

In my husband's mind (he worries) if there was an emergency we could easily climb into one of the lifeboats! Yea...I don't see that happening...

We choose to get deck 8! You get all the sunshine...but at a reduced cost.

I totally agree.

For our upcoming May TA we had the choice of OceanView or Obstructed Balcony for approximately the same price and we chose the Obstructed Balcony to get the sun light, plus we got a mid ship location. IMO, The best viewing when leaving or entering port is on deck rather than on a stateroom balcony. Our balcony seldom gets used since there are so many interesting and fun things to do inside the ship to occupy our time.

We have seen workers on rare occasions (10 crossings for us, all on deck 8), but I've never once seen one look into a cabin. I'm sure that's what they're told. Also, they are very busy doing their tasks and concentrate on them.

I agree. I did pay attention, just out of curiosity, and never once did any one look towards the balconies.

I got moved from deck 5 to cabin 8102 on the 2010 world cruise (I couldn't get any sleep in 5193 because of the vibration). Loved it so much that I chose it again for the 2013 world cruise & spent all 106 nights in it. My view was partially blocked, but like others have said, there were workmen there quite often, but never once did they look in. I would go back there again quite happily.