Early morning flight arrival day before---few questions!

dobes3kh

We are flying into FLL for a March Miami cruise and considering the 'severe' and unpredictable weather this winter, we want to fly in the day before.

That being said, we are looking at a flight that is arriving early into FLL and so we have a few questions:

1. Based on the threads I've researched on CC, staying in FLL is less expensive than staying in Miami. Any hotel recommendations with shuttle from the airport? We don't really need anything other than a comfortable and clean room and somewhere to eat nearby. We don't need to be near the beach etc. However, we also don't really want a 2 star.

2. Since our flight arrives so early in the morning, we will be through customs approximately by 6am, are we able to check-in anywhere? I've never been in this situation before but someone must have! Especially on a European flight.

3. Transport from FLL to Port of Miami---I know SAS is highly recommended on here (we had a not so great experience with them in that it took them 2.5 hrs to get us from FLL to POM last year--spent 1.5 hrs driving around waiting for passengers) but I am hoping that was a one-off! I believe they do pickups from hotels so they may be the only option? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Honestly in March, hotel prices in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are going to be the same.

I would head straight to Miami.

I would book a hotel in South Beach and enjoy everything it has to offer. Cab it to the port the next day.

We are flying into FLL for a March Miami cruise and considering the 'severe' and unpredictable weather this winter, we want to fly in the day before.

That being said, we are looking at a flight that is arriving early into FLL and so we have a few questions:

1. Based on the threads I've researched on CC, staying in FLL is less expensive than staying in Miami. Any hotel recommendations with shuttle from the airport? We don't really need anything other than a comfortable and clean room and somewhere to eat nearby. We don't need to be near the beach etc. However, we also don't really want a 2 star. www.sunny.org has good hotel and tourist info.

2. Since our flight arrives so early in the morning, we will be through customs approximately by 6am, are we able to check-in anywhere? I've never been in this situation before but someone must have! Especially on a European flight. Unless you book and pay for the night before you cannot count on a hotel having an empty room they can check you into at 6:00 AM - especially in March.

3. Transport from FLL to Port of Miami---I know SAS is highly recommended on here (we had a not so great experience with them in that it took them 2.5 hrs to get us from FLL to POM last year--spent 1.5 hrs driving around waiting for passengers) but I am hoping that was a one-off! I believe they do pickups from hotels so they may be the only option? Any other recommendations? QLS, Go Airport Shuttle, MJS and others.

Thanks!

Good luck and have a good cruise!

Hi

We have the same situation coming up in April, but coming into FLL at 5am. We are also from Ontario. We are flying out of Buffalo, Spirit Air. I think any hotel won't mind that you check in, your room may not be ready, but I am sure they won't mind you using their facilities, pool, store your luggage etc. You may be tired though if you haven't slept.

Good luck...