Anyone else find a balcony not worth the price difference?

PA Beachlovers

We feel the same way! We have ever had a balcony, but feel like it would be a waste of money for us too. We are only in the room to sleep, shower and change. We get up in the morning, usually go to gym, come back and shower, go to breakfast, go to Lido for, sun...etc. - always out doing something. Then there's the ports! So for me personally, would much rather spend the money elsewhere.

We used to say the same thing, until we had a balcony on our last cruise. I had booked us via Early Saver and received so many price cuts that not only were we able to upgrade from an interior to a balcony, we had $350 in OBC. While we do spend most of our time in the public areas, being on our own balcony is wonderful. On port days we order room service and enjoy the sunrise and peacefulness of the sea. And we have found that it's wonderful for quiet time before dinner and before bed. It's so peaceful and beautiful after being around the crowds the rest of the time. :)

Edited by Prphan2

I have been in a regular inside, a 1A cabin and a ocean view cabin and for the last 3 of my cruises .... a balcony! I never want to have anything other then a balcony....I love the fact that I can step out on my balcony and just listen to the ocean and its so peaceful. I love going out at night when we are at sea and I can see stars forever....For me the added cost is more than worth it.

We've had a balcony only 1 time. It was only $100/pp more than an inside, so we kind of had to jump on that deal. I would prefer a balcony, and I did enjoy reading my book out there...but every other cruise I've had an inside and we've been just fine and enjoyed it. For me it comes down to price. I'd rather cruise twice a year on insides than once a year in the balcony.

I have cruised inside, outside, and balcony. I am on the breeze March 9 and am splurging for an aft extended balcony. Only because I am travelling with friends and am only upgrading for me. Planning a cruise in June with my 2 daughters and will probably be an inside due to cost. Regardless, both cruises will be amazing cause I will be on a cruise! To each their own : )

I have been inside, outside, balcony....

on Carnival? I don't want a balcony

slamming doors - noisy neighbors - and...smokers

not worth it IMHO

now that Royal Caribbean has (wisely) stopped the balcony smoking, you can bet some of their cruisers may give Carnival a try

I also honestly feel that single people , friends traveling together will NOT use a balcony the way a couple/and or a family would = I have no real desire to spend a lot of time out there with a cabinmate when I could be out and about

Short cruises - I don't see why anyone bothers with a balcony on a 3 nighter, I have had them - but - didn't use

Had a balcony in Alaska and it was mostly too cold for me (thinned blood?) but I did tough it out for some sightseeing, saw a neat "rush" of all these dolphins at one point that was cool

I guess some people like them but I do think a LOT of it is about the "ciggy"...and my "ciggy"...and my "ciggy">> no thanks LOL

Agree I want fresh air and some private space outdoors to relax!

I loved having a balcony .I used to sit out there all of the time.It is also nice if you want to give the other person in your room some privacy while they are getting dressed.

We have been on 3 cruises and have went from an inside to ocean view and a balcony on our most recent cruise. For, our next cruise (in 3 weeks) we have booked an inside as we do not feel that the balcony or OV are worth the extra $.

This describes me pretty much...I've been on 4 cruises, first one had a balcony, second two were in an ocean view and my last cruise I was in an inside (I would probably never have booked this myself, but cruised with a friend who already had it booked) and I found out that I did just fine in an inside and did not feel claustrophobic at all nor did I need to be able to see the ocean to try to avoid sea-sickness (and I actually loved it for being able to sleep in or take a nap which I usually never do) it was all good. I'm not saying I'll never book a balcony again but I did discover I was perfectly fine in an inside cabin and saved a lot of money to boot ~ money I can find lots of other uses for being I spend so little time in my cabin. Balconies are nice and I enjoyed it but it's not something I absolutely have to have now. :p

If it were just me I'd only cruise insides. However dh insists on light and preferably air, so we have to spend extra on ocean views or balconies.

The last balcony we had I spent a total of about 30 minutes on it.

We felt the same way. We were actually really irritated that there were no perks besides boarding with Plat/Diam holders after paying that much for a cabin. We stood on the balcony for a whole 10 minutes total our entire cruise. It was either too windy, to hot, or raining for most of our balcony cruise to actually use it, not to even mention that there were so many other things to do than sit on the balcony.

We just booked 3 in an interior spa cabin for less than the price of 2 in a JUNIOR suite. I'm pretty sure my spa perks will outweigh the useless balcony. Ha!

Some people really like them, but we can definitely live without it.

I cant imagine not having one. I loved having my first few coffee of the day out there and waiting to leave port and even before my DW and I go to bed we always sat out on the balcony. The sounds of the waves are so relaxing. That would have to be one of my most favorite parts of cruising. But I will not say never to getting to and inside cabin. If money was tight and just had to get away I would probably think about it.

If it were just me I'd only cruise insides. However dh insists on light and preferably air, so we have to spend extra on ocean views or balconies.

The last balcony we had I spent a total of about 30 minutes on it.

We leave the light on in the bathroom which makes for great nitelite.

A lot here has been mentioned about smoke on the balconies. We are non smokers and have never been bothered by smoke while out there. You can occasionally get a whiff of smoke but it is fleeting. You get that in everyday life walking outside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk