Issues with the Shore Excursion Guarantee Form?

iheartmarshall

I just filled out the form for the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins with Lunch excursion in Belize. We're booked through carnival at $89.99/pp but I found an independent excursion through Belize Cruise Excursions (Island Marketing Ltd) for only $70/pp that I believe is a spot-on match. I filled out the online form and when I hit submit, it refreshed to a blank form -- no confirmation that it was sent or anything. This happened three times in a row. Does this mean my request DID NOT go through or is it a glitch in their system? Anyone else experiencing this? I will keep submitting if I have to but I don't want to end up with ten requests for the same thing! lol

Edited by iheartmarshall

So basically you are paying $20 more through Carnival. So do you get a $22.00 refund from Carnival? Not sure about my math. So really, you are only"saving" $2.00??

This is the one excursion I WOULD book through Carnival as it is such a long day and things could happen. We normally book private and probably will continue.

So basically you are paying $20 more through Carnival. So do you get a $22.00 refund from Carnival? Not sure about my math. So really, you are only"saving" $2.00??

This is the one excursion I WOULD book through Carnival as it is such a long day and things could happen. We normally book private and probably will continue.

If Carnival is refunding the difference plus 10%, they would be saving $22 by filling out the form. I suppose that it would be considered saving $2 if they considered booking with a private tour company as an option, but many won't because they are worried they will be left behind if running late.

I think that the guarantee is awesome and I plan on using it. I will be booking with Carnival instead of private tours because with this guarantee, as long as you are a price shopper, you are assured the best price. I understand why someone would book privately if there was a tour not offered on the ship or if you prefer less people on tours, otherwise you can't beat the guarantee. Smart move by Carnival. I really do think that this will encourage me to buy more tours from Carnival, as most times I chose not to because I'm not sure that I am getting the best price. Now I can MAKE sure I am getting the best price.

Edited by LBroxon
mistake

If Carnival is refunding the difference plus 10%, they would be saving $22 by filling out the form, not $2.

I think that the guarantee is awesome and I plan on using it. I will be booking with Carnival instead of private tours because with this guarantee, as long as you are a price shopper, you are assured the best price. I understand why someone would book privately if there was a tour not offered on the ship or if you prefer less people on tours, otherwise you can't beat the guarantee. Smart move by Carnival. I really do think that this will encourage me to buy more tours from Carnival, as most times I chose not to because I'm not sure that I am getting the best price. Now I can MAKE sure I am getting the best price.

Agree. Plus you know carnival will wait for you if you are late returning to ship.

Agree. Plus you know carnival will wait for you if you are late returning to ship.

I pushed on that once. They can't guarantee it if they are told they must leave. But they would certainly assist in getting you to the next port.

IAC, I will continue to book through the independents. This while thing just exposes how much Carnival has been overcharging on their tours, and I certainly will not assist them with their measly payback, all in OBC, which they get back anyway.

UPDATE: Turns out it was a computer/browser issue. I'm at work and apparently our privacy settings wouldn't allow me to correctly complete the form. Called DH and had him do it and it went through. Now the wait is on to see if it's approved! I will update again on the outcome.

UPDATE: Turns out it was a computer/browser issue. I'm at work and apparently our privacy settings wouldn't allow me to correctly complete the form. Called DH and had him do it and it went through. Now the wait is on to see if it's approved! I will update again on the outcome.

Thanks..:)

• 4 weeks later...
I just filled out the form for the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins with Lunch excursion in Belize. We're booked through carnival at $89.99/pp but I found an independent excursion through Belize Cruise Excursions (Island Marketing Ltd) for only $70/pp that I believe is a spot-on match. I filled out the online form and when I hit submit, it refreshed to a blank form -- no confirmation that it was sent or anything. This happened three times in a row. Does this mean my request DID NOT go through or is it a glitch in their system? Anyone else experiencing this? I will keep submitting if I have to but I don't want to end up with ten requests for the same thing! lol

Did you get the price difference? I just booked the carnival excursion and I want to submit the price match. Island Marketing stated that they are 5.5 - 6 hours, so I was worried whether or not carnival would match it being a bit shorter. I found another that broke their excursion down into 3 parts at approx 2 hours per part (drive there, ruins and lunch, drive back). I was worried that carnival would say that's not exactly how we do it ...

Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately I did not get the price drop due to the hour difference... Ughhhh. I mean, I guess it was a long shot but the tour is exactly the same and it says the time varies depending on the ship so I was wishful thinking lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately I did not get the price drop due to the hour difference... Ughhhh. I mean, I guess it was a long shot but the tour is exactly the same and it says the time varies depending on the ship so I was wishful thinking lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I feel the same way. I'm going to try, have nothing to lose. I wonder how they decide, because I noticed someone else on CC got the exact same excursion approved for the price drop with Island Marketing. Good to see that Carnival is consistent throughout their departments for being "inconsistent depending on which rep answers the phone/email". LOL

• 1 month later...

See I don't want to book with Carnival. It may seem apples to apples to me but to them it may not be. Then I'm out the extra money. I found one I think is apples to apples to me but I don't want to take the risk and pay twice as much.