Prepaid Visa Gift Cards

newcruiser09

Hello,

Has anyone ever tried applying the funds on a prepaid visa card (gift card) to their on board account and then using a credit card to cover all other charges?

We have two visa gift cards we've used for misc things and have been saving them for "something special" and decided we might as well use them on our trip.

I think it would be easier to just pay them to our account instead of try to use them at other places and keep track of the remaining balances.

Would i do this when we check in or would it be best to wait and visit guest services on board.

Today I picked one up at Target. I read the fine print and it said it could not be use on cruise lines. Make sure you check this on which ever one you want to purchase.

I don't know why they have this rule, but I happened to see it today.

Use it for Cruise Cash before you go. They don't work on cruise ships, it is in the little teeny tiny print on the back of the card. I have two in my wallet right now, they both specify no ships but they will work if you buy cruise cash/bar cash/pixels cash online before you go!

I used a Visa Prepaid Gift Card at the Self Assist Kiosk onboard last year to pay off some of my sign and sail card. It worked just fine! I guess it really depends on the type of card used.

Best of luck:o

Edited by lovelynole

We had one from a very well known bank and tried to buy cruise cash but kept getting declined. After a couple of attempts called the bank and was told because it was a cruise line they charged a 20% fee. Never will do that again.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app