Double tree Gallery One or Bahia Mar

Joie

We have the chance to do either of these hotels for our March stay.

Which is better for a pre-cruise stay?

We have a 14 and 15 yr old that will be with us.

Water taxi....avail and what does it cost?

thank you for any info.

Joie,

I will be staying at the Gallery One next week. Have never stayed at the Bahia Mar but have stayed in the area. Both have water taxies stops very close by. The Gallery One is a 4* while I think the Bahia Mar is a 3.5*. Gallery One is all suites. I got the Gallery One off LMT for around $170.00. Read the current reviews off Trip Advisor and then make your decision.

Enjoy your cruise on the Freedom. It is one of my favorite ships. :)

Dave

thank you

This is our 9th Carnival cruise but first on Freedom.

We ended up with a $259.00 rate but it's spring break, so figured it would be expensive.

Looks like a nice hotel....was just wondering if the kids wanted to be closer to the beach....but I guess they will get enough beach time on the cruise.

thanks for the reply

Do you have any idea what the water taxi cost is and where it goes?

thank you

We ended up with a $259.00 rate but it's spring break, so figured it would be expensive.

Looks like a nice hotel....was just wondering if the kids wanted to be closer to the beach....but I guess they will get enough beach time on the cruise.

thanks for the reply

The water taxi is about $22 for adults and that includes unlimited use for the day. http://www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/fort-lauderdale/

Gallery One is nicer but is a few blocks walk to the beach. It's closer to shopping and grocery stores and there are lots of places to eat nearby. The water taxi goes up and down the Intracoastal and New River. It's fun for a ride but if you are just looking for transportation Sun Trolley or even taxis are cheaper for 4 people.

Gallery will give you more room while in the hotel for sure. However for beach, Bahia Mar is directly across the street. They could head over there while you check out something else, very easily. Gallery is, like stated, overlooking the intracoastal. So the kids will see boats, but no sand.

Use the trolley to get around to save money during the day if needed. And maybe use the water taxi just for the experience as soon as the rates drop in late afternoon. It's fun to head to some of the waterside restuarants and bars via the boats.

Edited by eandj

sounds very nice.....currently we are booked at Gallery.....but since we are paying HUGE bucks....because of Spring break week, I thought maybe nearer to beach would be better. One night for almost $300 is going to have to be entertainment enough....lol

we will be site seeing for sure. They will get a lot of beach time on the cruise so maybe we will stay where we are.

thank you

thanks for the reply

If you are staying at Doubletree Gallery One on 3/15 and booked it for $259 I just want to tell you that the same hotel is $162 on LMT.

Best price I see is 298.00 on LMT today

Doubletree is the first 3.5* hotel listed for 3/15 and it is $169. If you look at the pictures it shows beds with green bedspreads.

I recently booked it for our precruise. If you call they will tell you the name of the hotel and take off a few dollars.

I called....right now a room at that price is not avail. ( even though site says it is )

They would have to check and see if they can reserve it.....we pay and then find out in a few days IF it is avail. I never like dealing with IF's like that.

So I better stay with what I have being that it is Spring Break week and I at least I know I have a room right now.

I called....right now a room at that price is not avail. ( even though site says it is )

They would have to check and see if they can reserve it.....we pay and then find out in a few days IF it is avail. I never like dealing with IF's like that.

So I better stay with what I have being that it is Spring Break week and I at least I know I have a room right now.

I don't blame you. I don't like not knowing either. Fortunately they gave us a room..actually 4 rooms......and we are going during spring break too. I had rooms booked at another hotel but cancelled that when I found out I got the Doubletree.

Good luck.

that's great....you got a very nice deal. I am guessing that they have a block of rooms to sell, kind of like seats on a plane and when those are gone at the special nets that's it. Unless they come nearer to date and are still avail.

I just prefer knowing that we have the room and that we won't have to sleep on the beach.... :)

LMT will usually let you know within a couple days. And they are very good about refunding your money within a couple days. ANd it is free cancellation until 3 days prior. Up to you. Obviously if the hotel is selling at THEIR rate, they won't release more rooms to the discounters.