Disney Wonder with 2 Adults, 4 Kids

gblotter

I have never sailed on a Disney Cruise before.

I am investigating a Disney Wonder cruise, but it seems that no single cabin arrangement will accommodate our family of 6 (2 adults, 4 kids). So two cabins will apparently need to be reserved (I realize that an adult will need to be registered with each cabin).

What is the best cabin arrangement for our scenario? Does Disney Wonder offer adjoining cabins with connecting doors? Or would we be better off with an outside cabin and an inside cabin directly across the hall from each other?

Given the kid-friendly nature of Disney, I'm sure we are not the first family to confront this. I'm hoping there are some other cabin options I should be considering.

I have never sailed on a Disney Cruise before.

I am investigating a Disney Wonder cruise, but it seems that no single cabin arrangement will accommodate our family of 6 (2 adults, 4 kids). So two cabins will apparently need to be reserved (I realize that an adult will need to be registered with each cabin).

What is the best cabin arrangement for our scenario? Does Disney Wonder offer adjoining cabins with connecting doors? Or would we be better off with an outside cabin and an inside cabin directly across the hall from each other?

Given the kid-friendly nature of Disney, I'm sure we are not the first family to confront this. I'm hoping there are some other cabin options I should be considering.

The Royal Suite and a 2-bedroom suite will sleep up to 7. Pricey, but possible. For those, I believe, you need to actually call and talk to a DCL rep. They aren't bookable online.

As to the connecting rooms, yes, there are a few connecting rooms on the Wonder. Not as many as the newer ships, but they do exist. They tend to book quickly (as you noted - lots of families). If that's what you want you need to book as soon as you know you want it.

Some families do the outside (either oceanview or verandah) combo with an inside room. But that scenario is really defendant on the ages of the children for my comfort level.

Totally up to you. There are connecting rooms with the door between. Sometimes it is easier to book these with a phone call to DCL or a travel agent who specializes in DCL. It is not uncommon for one side to be occupied. If a family needs the connecting room, they may be able to move the party who only has one side to free up both rooms for you. We have cruised twice in one side of a connecting--just because we were assigned there. You can't tell this situation on line as the computer just shows the room occupied. But a TA trying on your behalf can sometimes convince DCL to give it to you.

These connecting rooms are available in many categories and may give you a savings. For instance, if you wanted a balcony, there are 2 sets of connectors in a cat 7. THese cabins only sleep 3 each, but that's exactly what you need!

The other alternative is a balcony or oceanview with an inside across the hall--again depending on ages/maturity of the kids. One trick--if you have an old baby monitor, place it in the kids room. You can easily hear what is going on if you wish. And DCL will issue a "mom key" so mom can go in and out of both cabins easily. This is an extra key for the adults that will only unlock the cabin door of the room they are not booked in. It is no good for charging or leaving the ship--just opens the other door.

Hi, we are a family of 2 adults and 4 kids also.

We sailed on the Wonder in 2012 and are sailing again this April. They have plenty of connecting rooms available on the Wonder, you just need to choose wether you want inside, port hole or balcony etc. On our first cruise we only booked four months ahead of time and there were still connecting cabins available, this cruise we booked about six months ahead of time and had no trouble getting our first choice of category, obviously if you are planning to sail during school vacation time it would be busier so you would need to book well ahead of time.

We call DCL to book, we find it much easier this way.

Family of six here too.

We always get two connecting balcony rooms and leave the door between them open. On our upcoming cruise Disney said it can remove the barrier between the balconies too. In the past, we have priced out the suites and the two balconies have always been substantially less money. We always book category 5 balcony and have never had a problem getting adjoining rooms.

For the Dream and Wonder I booked the connecting rooms via telephone, but for our upcoming Fantasy trip I booked on-line without any issues. Though, truth-be-told, I did later call to confirm I did it correctly!

On the Dream and Fantasy, the balcony dividers can be removed. On the Wonder they cannot. I have read, but cannot personally confirm that on the reimagined Magic, they can.

Yes, you CAN book connecting rooms on line. But, when none are showing on line, you can sometimes still get a pair by calling or using a TA who calls.