Connecting Cabins question

flowers44

DH and I are going on the Explorer of the Seas on August 28th for a New England/Canada cruise. I have booked an interior cabin 8341. It is a connecting cabin to 8339. I am concerned about the connecting cabin being more noisy or less private. There are several Category L cabins on Deck 10 that I could change to but I like the location of Deck 8 since it is about half way to both the pool Deck above and the restaurant/theater deck below. Anyone who has used one half of a connecting cabin configuration, do I have anything to worry about? I remember one time, a Travel Agent told me that she did not want to book me into a connecting cabin. Thanks for any insight.

I can tell you we had connecting GS on Explorer. We intentionally booked connecting with family. My daughter and son in law with grandkids were next door and I can definitely tell you we could hear the boys. If we were not traveling with others we wanted to be connected to - I wouldn't do it.

In my experience, there have been cruises where I DID hear the neighbors, and cruises where I did not.

It may be more a function of WHO is next door rather than the connecting door.

:)

So true. The OP specifically asked about Explorer. We were on that ship - not in an inside but .....

We had young children with us - they could get lucky and have 2 quiet adults next door - or not:)

In my experience, there have been cruises where I DID hear the neighbors, and cruises where I did not.

Yup. Have had quiet teens, a shouty family, and a ... uhm... rather theatrical couple in their late 20s. I'd happily room next to the teens again. Balcony doors leak noise too, though, so just avoiding connecting rooms isn't a guarantee.

^this. Cabins have thin walls and are by no means soundproof. I don't know that a connecting door makes much difference either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk