Marriott Hollywood Beach

lindanick

Because I have lived in Hollywood Florida for over 55 years, I am always interested in all new things for Hollywood.

I visited the brand new Marriott on Hollywood Beach. It was beautiful! They have a broadwalk cafe that overlooks the Atlantic. The service was not good,:confused: (They have some kinks to work out there). Pool nice.:) Rooms are large and they all appear to have balconys.

There was a cigerette boat race going on. Nice to watch, but loud. :eek:

I would not hesitate to stay there. It's a great location. You can see the ships leaving Port Everglades.

Linda

We were recently there for the 4th of July weekend. As the previous poster said, service in the restaurant was extremely slow. Property's only been open for a couple of weeks, they're still working out the kinks. The menu is quite impressive for a Marriott.

The rooms are well appointed as in any Marriott. Most have unobstructed views of the ocean and balconys. If anyone stayed there when it was a HoJo the rooms are the same size as before.

The hotel is directly on the beach, you can walk to nearby restaurants. They will be developing a marina on the adjoining intercoastal in the future with plans to add a water taxi stop. ;)

I am actually staying in Delray at the marriott right now. Rode over to Hollywood beach yesterday. On the contrary, I thought the rooms were small (we saw a double double), the beds are too big for the rooms...at least 3 feet off the ground. 7 pillows.....you would have to get a running start if you are vertically challenged!!!

The balconies are very small....no chairs or anything. You probably would not be able to sit out there.

The bathroom was very small. There is a plasma TV that is nice, but there is not much room for clothes if you are staying a long time.

They are making the beach bigger. The pool was crowded. The gift shop is not done, should be done this week.

The staff was fairly nice. The manager who took us on the tour was knowledgable.

Apparently they are just starting to redevelop the Hollywood area so the marriott is the first thing to be done. We thought the area was kind of run down and not worth the 159 to move down there. (it's 30 bucks more than Delray and we have breakfast included).

The room are beautiful, don't get me wrong but my room in Delray is much larger. My Jr. Suite on the AOS had more space!

It is close to Port Everglades so it may be an option for FL cruisers.

Just MHO.

Apparently they are just starting to redevelop the Hollywood area so the marriott is the first thing to be done.

It is close to Port Everglades so it may be an option for FL cruisers.

Just MHO.

The first "new" hotel in Hollywood is actually the Westin Diplomat at the south end of the beach. It is definitely one of the nicest properties in all of South Florida (check out the reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com, but ignore the comments about the size of the beach as over 200 ft. of beach has just been added).

While Hollywood Beach may not be as upscale as Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or even Delray, the accommodations and restaurants do tend to be extremely affordable. The Marriott and the Diplomat are the exceptions to the rule when it comes to affordable accommodations on Hollywood Beach. Check out http://www.visithollywood.org to find many others.

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know I found a promotional room rate of $99.00 per night at the Marriott Hollywood beach on Marriott.com.Its called the "Welcome to Florida" package. I have reserved 2 nights pre cruise for the 27/29 October. Couldn't beleive they had such a good deal especially on the Boat show weekend. The standard room rate is $239 for those dates so I snapped it up! Looks like a nice hotel for a couple of nights pre cruise stay.

Just to let you know I found a promotional room rate of $99.00 per night at the Marriott Hollywood beach on Marriott.com. .

That's a great price, I'll have to book a getaway for myself...thanks for sharing.

I LOVE Hollywood Beach and think it is the best bargain in South Florida.

I just hope everyone keeps zooming by on their way to either Miami or Ft.Lauderdale!

The beach in the flowered street section or South Surf Road is the loveliest beach in South Florida.

Do you have a link for the welcome to florida package?

Just go to Marriott.com and put in Hollywood, FL, select Marriott Hotels and Resorts as the brand and if it's available for your dates it will be there. It's still available for the dates the abbafan is staying... That's an incredible price for a brand new oceanfront hotel!!!

$99 (USD) per night

*** WELCOME TO FLORIDA PACKAGE *** PARTIAL OCEANVIEW ROOM WITH 1-KING OR 2DOUBLE BEDS *

rate rules

Guarantee Policy

A CREDIT CARD NUMBER IS REQUIRED TO CONFIRM OR GUARANTEE YOUR RESERVATION

Cancellation Policy

CANCELLATION PERMITTED

- UP TO 1 DAY BEFORE ARRIVAL

99.00 USD CXL FEE

Tax Information

CURRENCY RATES QUOTED IN USD - US DOLLAR AND EXCLUDE TAXES

TAX 11.000 PCT/ROOM PER NIGHT

Thanks for postng the link for me Trent S.

I almost thought it was too good to be true when I first saw the rates, glad they are still available.

I am pleased to share the info as I have picked up so many useful tips from these boards over the past few years its nice to be able to return the favour!

Archived