Aft Oceanview Cabin on Imagination. Any thoughts?

edmusic

This will be our 6th cruise and we've never had an aft cabin before. We are on the Upper level, sandwiched between staterooms above and below us. What should we expect as far as movement of the ship on the open seas and/or engine/thruster noise typically associated with that category of cabin on this type of ship?

Haven't been on the Imagination yet but have sailed in aft facing cabins on the Inspiration and the Paradise (might have been the Elation).

The windowsills are big enough to sit in and you'll never have to worry which hallway to go down.:D

You will feel some movement but not too much. The Inspiration (and Imagination) do not have the Azipods and don't vibrate as much as the above Paradise or Elation.

Our aft balcony on the Splendor was worse than the Paradise or Elation.

Rarely have we felt movement going across the Channel or down to Ensenada. At times there will be stronger swells when sailing North as you are going against the current. On the sea day you can either be parked behind San Clemente(?) or doing lazy circles in the ocean.

It won't be as bad as cruises where there are long distances to travel. Ensenada is only 223 miles south of Long Beach. The ship seems to never go over 10 knots.

Edited by SadieN

I stayed in an aft facing OV during my one (and only) cruise on Imagination. You will feel more movement in far aft or forward cabins due to the see-saw motion of the ship. It was not bad on our cruise, but we only went to Nassau.

The view of the wake is nice while the ship is underway. Our room also seemed a bit larger than normal and had two A/C vents. There shouldn't be a lot of noise since the only people walking through there will be going to their cabins.

The Imagination pictorial review linked in my signature has photos of the ship and that aft OV.

Grady - Thanks for a great pictorial review. Learned a lot, but am most excited about the front bridge view accessible from the Verandah deck. 19 more days to go!

Yes, that's one of my favorite areas on the Fantasy class ships! Luckily they haven't tried to convert them into suites like they've done on the other classes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk