Noordam J-inside experiences??

ol3

hi there,

question; I'm looking for a quad inside on Noordam, unfortunatley the I are sold out so now we are looking for J on maindeck. I saw many reviews that these cabins are perfect for their size but I'm a little worried about deck 2 Lower Promenade deck with all the facilities likes Queens lounge and Sports Bar…is there any noise that makes sleeping difficult??

hope to hear some info!

Not all of the J-cabins on Main Deck can hold 4 people, so that is going to restrict your choices quite a bit.

For the cabins you can select from, look at what is above you. Starboard, closer to mid-ship, is primarily under passageway and part of Queen's Lounge. Even a little forward of Queen's Lounge is quiet.

Personally, I have been in several cabins, both sides, all up and down that area (on various Vista/Signature ships) and have never had a noise problem. I do tend to sleep well, though.

YMMV.

we have option on J-1043=quad cabin

looks likes it's above the sports bar…

When can I find Chelly's thread Innlady1? maybe you can do a copy/paste?

thanks again!!

love cruise critic :-)

Edited by ol3

we have option on J-1043=quad cabin

looks likes it's above the sports bar…

When can I find Chelly's thread Innlady1? maybe you can do a copy/paste?

Just scroll down the page. The thread title and OP should be easy to notice.

The cabin is below the Sports Bar, not above. That venue shouldn't be any noisier than any other, and not as much as some.

If you are going to be in a J-category cabin on Main Deck, this isn't a bad location. I wouldn't choose to be under the Northern Lights, but just about anywhere else is all right.

I think I stayed in that cabin on one of the Vista ships, but can't recall for certain. I know I have stayed in at least one cabin with a white space next door.

I don't recall what those spaces are. I do recall the steward station closer to mid-ship, near the restroom. There may be another, but I don't remember. Perhaps one is for ice? Or for the room service trays?

I think there were some doors just marked to show they were off-limits, like a room for electrical panels, or a passageway to the interior.

I do know that when I have been next to a white space I was not disturbed by any noise. I also felt the freedom of knowing I could make all the noise I wanted to! :D

thanks again Ruth! I changed option into cabin J-1053

saw many good reviews and it's more midship and if I look at the deckplan

I think this one is better than J-1043