Getaway Questions: Ask 'Em Here!

Is there a charge to use the Salt Room and the fancy whirlpool in the spa?

Also, is there steam rooms and saunas?

TIA

Unless you are staying in a Spa cabin, yes you need to buy a spa pass.

Vanessa is correct. A pass for the thermal suite (which includes the Salt Room, steam room and sauna areas) is $45.

Do you know what type of coffee machine they have provided in mid ship balcony rooms? Can we take our own filters and Starbucks ground coffee pack? Would that work in those machines? I do that when I go for long vacations and use the effectively in my hotel room machines. This is that early morning coffee I am talking about :)

thanks

Balcony cabins and mini-suites have Hamilton Beach single-cup coffeemakers (photo below). I'm not sure if your Starbucks packets will work, but they probably will. Doesn't hurt to try. I personally didn't make any coffee myself, so I'm unsure what the filters are like.

1010988_10101476722802516_631913442_n.jpg

also, I did not mean the starbucks packs. I meant the regular ground coffee bag. I could just buy (and carry) one bag from target or wallgreens for $8 and that would serve me well for the 7 days.

UPDATE: Never mind. Someone else posted it here: http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=321&pid=10524#top_display_media

So my Starbucks idea would not work :(

Edited by canbonbon
Posted link

Would love to see a schedule of performers for the Grammy Experience. Thanks!

The next Grammy performer has been announced: http://www.getaway.ncl.com/latest/press-releases/grammy-nominated-percussionist-sammy-figueroa-to-headline-the-grammy-experience-at-sea-on-norwegian-getaway/view/2014-02-10.

It seems they're rolling them out one by one.

also, I did not mean the starbucks packs. I meant the regular ground coffee bag. I could just buy (and carry) one bag from target or wallgreens for $8 and that would serve me well for the 7 days.

UPDATE: Never mind. Someone else posted it here: http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=321&pid=10524#top_display_media

So my Starbucks idea would not work :(

Sorry to hear it. :(

Would love to see a schedule of performers for the Grammy Experience. Thanks!

There's no official schedule yet, according to Norwegian, but I'm told it'll be released soon. I'll post here as soon as I hear anything.

Announced today, beginning Feb 15, Grammy®-Nominated Percussionist Sammy Figueroa to Headline the Grammy® Experience at Sea on Getaway.

It's been previously said that these acts will change approximately every 6 weeks.

Edited: SORRY! I realize this was already posted above. I can't see anything on my phone. ha!

Edited by LrgPizza

Never heard of him. Then again, I had never heard of the last guy either. I was hopeful that it would be somebody well-known for the 3/29 sailing, but I guess not.

Edited by rockbock

You're probably too young to remember, but Sammy Figueroa is one of the greatest percussionist in the world. He has performed with both the older generation of performers such as Blondie, Roberta Flack, Quincy Jones, Aretha Franklin, Mick Jagger and David Bowie, as well as Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. Unlike a drummer, a percussionist plays the conga and bongo drums, and this guy makes those drums talk. You will love it!!

Announced today, beginning Feb 15, Grammy®-Nominated Percussionist Sammy Figueroa to Headline the Grammy® Experience at Sea on Getaway.

It's been previously said that these acts will change approximately every 6 weeks.

Edited: SORRY! I realize this was already posted above. I can't see anything on my phone. ha!

No worries! Thanks for the info. :)

Hola! I am just looking for some feedback from the folks that purchased VIBE passes.

How early were you there (at the port and guest services) to get them and how quick did they sell out?

Did the cabanas go quickly?

Any info or tips you have about the passes would be great!

Thanks!!!

If you have the chance, will you ask if there has been extra sound proofing for the spa mini suites since they are the deck below the pool area? I am hoping for a quiet time and am a bit concerned about the pool & bar above on deck 15. We are in 14168. Thank you so much,

Ok, so I've now asked about this three times, and I keep being told that the PR person hasn't received an answer yet. I did ask at the front desk while I was onboard, and I was told that they attempted to ease the noise, but "there are no guarantees." I wanted to get something more official for you straight from the PR folks, but it seems to be taking a while. I haven't forgotten about you! In the event that I do eventually get an answer, I'll be sure to post it.

First time cruiser on NCL.

1) Do they provide Beach Towels? or do we take our Bath towels there.

2) Where and how much is the laundry? Do they provide detergent or do I need to carry it.

Thanks,

Regarding laundry services, you'll find a bag in your cabin. You can fill it up with things you'd like washed, and they'll charge you a flat fee to clean whatever you can fit in the bag. (I believe the fee is about $25.) Also, this thread has price lists for individual garments on Breakaway: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1848565. I assume Getaway's prices are similar, if not identical.

Does anyone know when we can book the cake/cupcake decorating classes? We cruise on April 5th, and I would prefer to book before that! I don't want to miss it! thanks!;)

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the cake decorating classes can only be booked once you're onboard -- not in advance.

You're probably too young to remember, but Sammy Figueroa is one of the greatest percussionist in the world. He has performed with both the older generation of performers such as Blondie, Roberta Flack, Quincy Jones, Aretha Franklin, Mick Jagger and David Bowie, as well as Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. Unlike a drummer, a percussionist plays the conga and bongo drums, and this guy makes those drums talk. You will love it!!

It looks like he is getting of the ship 4/12, which is the day we are sailing :(

Vanessa is correct. A pass for the thermal suite (which includes the Salt Room, steam room and sauna areas) is $45.

I assume the $45 is for 1 day only? Has NCL definitely said they will be available on a daily basis? The daily passes seem to be hit or miss as far as availability on most ships, and usually only on port days. A one day pass would be great, as $199 for a weekly one is pretty steep!

Hello. I am on the 3/1 sailing. Changes for me:

Burn the Floor - From 930pm to 10pm

Illusionarium - From 9pm to 8:45pm

Legally Blond - From 930pm to 10:15pm

I just got a notice about an hour ago about changes too! Same times. We sail 3/22.