Do I cover myself, just in case....

brooklynfc

I booked a cruise with my friend and we split the costs. However, I'm the primary on the account. As of right now, she hasn't paid her part off, but I have. No real problem as we have plenty of time right now. However, I was going to purchase trip insurance (b/c you NEVER know!) and when it got to the trip cost section, I froze.

If I'm the primary on the account and something happens either on her end or mine............do I need to cover the full cost of the cruise in my trip insurance, instead of just my half?

Thanks for your help. I'm more worried about this more than ever. My aunt unexpectedly passed away last Friday (she was 54) and now I have this weird fear in the back of my mind.

Are you asking if for some reason the other party can't go do you need insurance to cover them? If you can still go and are not adverse to going alone, then just cover your costs. If they can not go, they are a "no show" and since the cabin is paid for, no big deal. This assume they pay their portion. IF you end up paying for both then a) find a new friend :-) and b) cover the entiire amount in case for some reason YOU can't go. be careful though, depending on when you bought the trip, some policies have to be bought within a window of days to be valid. Some just require it to be bought by final payment etc..watch which kind you buy

Are you asking if for some reason the other party can't go do you need insurance to cover them? If you can still go and are not adverse to going alone, then just cover your costs. If they can not go, they are a "no show" and since the cabin is paid for, no big deal. This assume they pay their portion. IF you end up paying for both then a) find a new friend :-) and b) cover the entiire amount in case for some reason YOU can't go. be careful though, depending on when you bought the trip, some policies have to be bought within a window of days to be valid. Some just require it to be bought by final payment etc..watch which kind you buy

Thanks.

I booked a cruise with my friend and we split the costs. However, I'm the primary on the account. As of right now, she hasn't paid her part off, but I have. No real problem as we have plenty of time right now. However, I was going to purchase trip insurance (b/c you NEVER know!) and when it got to the trip cost section, I froze.

If I'm the primary on the account and something happens either on her end or mine............do I need to cover the full cost of the cruise in my trip insurance, instead of just my half?

Thanks for your help. I'm more worried about this more than ever. My aunt unexpectedly passed away last Friday (she was 54) and now I have this weird fear in the back of my mind.

Hey, sorry for your aunt.

Yes cover yourself.

I would suggest u call some insurance companies, and see how you would have to proceed ,so there are no surprises.

Hope all goes well:)

If she pays her half off dont see you have a problem if she is a no show. The problem is if she doesnt than you might be stuck with full cost.

I would speak to some insurance companies about this.

I think I'm confusing myself is all. I'm thinking of if she doesn't pay (knowing I have paid my half) and I need to cancel and she can't pay full cost. What is that scenario?

I think I'm confusing myself is all. I'm thinking of if she doesn't pay (knowing I have paid my half) and I need to cancel and she can't pay full cost. What is that scenario?

If you booked ES will have to pay I think $ 50 if you cancel before final payment. Otherwise you should be able to cancel with no penalty before final payment.

BTW dont you live south of Roanoke in Boones Mill. Think we cruised together a few years ago but dont remember if we ever met.

If you booked ES will have to pay I think $ 50 if you cancel before final payment. Otherwise you should be able to cancel with no penalty before final payment.

BTW dont you live south of Roanoke in Boones Mill. Think we cruised together a few years ago but dont remember if we ever met.

I live in Rocky Mount now. But yes we did the Freedom together, but I don't think I ever saw you.