For those of you who've been to two or more private islands, which is your favourite?

newlaxfan

We have been to RCI Labadee

and

Disney Castaway cay

Handsdown Disney...................

Complete package.

Because of Disneys High prices we sail RCI and truly love Labadee suite beach (barefoot with all the nice stuff to do on private area).

We love Labadee now.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Holland America and Princess are the cruises we have been on, and Holland America's Half Moon Cay is by far the nicest. I think it wins best private island every year. It has a beautiful white sand beach, shallow calm, clear water. It is picture perfect!

Holland America and Princess are the cruises we have been on, and Holland America's Half Moon Cay is by far the nicest. I think it wins best private island every year. It has a beautiful white sand beach, shallow calm, clear water. It is picture perfect!

HMC is consistently voted the best private island in cruise industry publications.

I've been to CocoCay and HMC.

For the 'picture perfect package' (soft sand beaches, blue water, awesome cabana rental) HMC wins easily.

From a snorkeling standpoint, CocoCay wins hands down, since RCCL has put significant money and effort into creating an excellent snorkeling area.

We've been to RCCL Labadee and DCL Castaway Cay. Hands down Castaway Cay. There's cool characters, nice quiet adult beach with a great BBQ lunch, best island drink I've had---Konk Kooler, and there's the fun Castaway Cay 5K to start your day! All the cast members are incredibly friendly and you can snorkel from the beach at the family beach or enjoy the slide/crazy plunge at Pelican Plunge(no fee for this but it really shoots you into the water). It's clean, beautiful, and fun! We have never rented a cabana there but still really enjoy our stay. At Labadee, we've rented waterside cabana at Barefoot Beach. It's nice and relaxing(until you go to the gauntlet of shops---we just avoid that now) and the Labadoozie drinks are good, too, but I prefer castaway cay.

I've been to HMC, Castaway Cay and Great Stirrup Cay. My favorite hands down was Castaway Cay. I did love HMC too. GSC I could do without..too rocky. The sand on the first 2 were so fine and soft. We rented a cabana on HMC.

I'm going to Labadee in May so I can add this one to my list. We have an over the water cabana rented.

Been to:

• Labadee
  • CocoCay
  • Princess Cay
  • Castaway Cay
  • Half Moon Cay

Hands down, no question about it -- My favorite is Castaway Cay. We love the "adults only" section, and the buffet offerings are far over and above any other private island's offerings, IMHO. The island itself is gorgeous, and they've got plenty of chairs/umbrellas all over the island, unlike others. The frequent tram makes it really easy to get around, too.

We were on HMC for the first time last week, and it's one of my least favorite. Yes, the sand and water are pretty, but when there is more than one ship in port, the island cannot support the number of passengers. It's too bad because we wanted to love it.

Castaway Cay gets my vote!

Edited by TravlGrl

Nothing can beat Disney Perfect. When you walk off the ship at Castaway Cay the beach has been cleaned and groomed. Not a foot print in the sand. Like I said. Disney Perfect..:D

On Coco cay (RCCL) there was large puddles of water you had to navigate off the ramp from the tender because the sand was all pushed away. There was garbage and Cigarette butts in the sand. Broke shells that would cut your feet. :(

• 4 months later...

I have been to Half Moon Cay (1) and Castaway Cay (3). I like you don't have to tender to Castaway Cay but I liked Half Moon Cay better. We rented a cabana and a small section of beach to ourselves and the water was beautiful. I wouldn't turn a trip to either of them down.

I have been to Half Moon Cay (1) and Castaway Cay (3). I like you don't have to tender to Castaway Cay but I liked Half Moon Cay better. We rented a cabana and a small section of beach to ourselves and the water was beautiful. I wouldn't turn a trip to either of them down.

That's the only advantage Castaway Cay has. The ship docks there.

On the flip side of the coin, that steel and concrete dock spoil the natural beauty of the island.

As you mentioned, they are both beautiful places.