Quick Review of Crown 1/11- 1/18

patterson3

Just got off the Crown Princess. My wife and I stayed in Baja aft cabin B749. Overall it was an amazing cruise. The only negative was on Thursday morning around 2:00am the general emergency notice was sent throughout the passenger sections. This of course woke us up, at which time we dressed, grabbed our life vests and headed to the promenade deck. Most people disregarded the notice, or figured it was a mistake, but quite a few made there way out of their staterooms and to the stairway lobby or the promenade deck. Soon after word got around that it was a mistake, and after about 1/2 an hr the captain made an announcement stating that the public address system had malfunctioned which a) caused the first announcement and b) prevented his subsequent announcement, which he sent soon after the emergency announcement, from being heard throughout the ship. It certainly didn't ruin the voyage though. The food and entertainment were excellent, and my only complaints would be a) a lack of variety of offerings in the buffet (compared to past cruises on Celebrity), and my biggest issue with Princess is the fact they have waiters in the buffet area, and unlike on Celebrity you can't just help yourself. The waiters were clearly working hard and most times it worked fine, but there were 3 or 4 breakfasts or lunches where we didn't receive drinks until our meals were nearly finished. I really wish princess would just set up juice stations, like on celebrity. Other than those minor complaints the cruise was wonderful! The ship was in fine shape and we never experienced any plumbing or air conditioning issues.

We don't remember waiters at the buffet on our last two Princess cruises. I have a feeling if there is a chance of a noro outbreak, they bring out the rules. Perhaps since all the problems on Carib. the Captains are being more dilligent.

I agree that on X's newest class "S" ships, the buffet is far superior to Princess. But we liked the entertainment more on PRincess. But, these are subjective. Glad you had a good time.

Edited by eandj

We also had the general alarm happen during our Crown cruise in November. We never left the room, don't ask me why!!, and a little while later someone came on and said it was a mistake.. hmm.... anyway, regarding the waiters in the buffet - I loved it! Never had to worry about carrying juice & coffee along with everything else.

Glad you had a good time!