What Time Can We Disembark - Civitavecchia

Hyundaigirl

Hi all - we will be staying in Rome for a few days after our cruise and I'm just planning transfers. We plan to use Rome Cabs again as they were excellent when we used them on our last cruise back on HAL in 2010.

I tried to do a search on this topic and couldn't find what I was looking for. Since we aren't in any big rush to get off the ship i.e. don't need to get to the airport for a flight, what time can we actually disembark? Is 9:30 or 10 am reasonable? How does Azamara handle this process?

Many thanks.

Carol, you'll have to be out of your cabin by 8:30 am. Windows Cafe will be open (and it will be a madhouse, just to warn you!) for a short time after that. Maybe til 9 - 9:30 am? I don't remember exactly but it's probably earlier than later. I'd say planning on leaving the ship at 9:30 am is about right.

We'll be debarking in Rome as well so I'll let you know how it goes when I write up the next trip report in May. ;)

Edited by dln929

Thanks - that's about the time I recall from our last cruise.

Can you carry your own luggage off? Or do you have to leave the bags out the night before?

You can do either. We kept our 21" carry-on bag with us but the other larger bag we left out in the hallway to be collected. Either at 10 or 11 pm, forget exact time.

you have choice of leaving you luggage out the night before or taking to off the ship yourself. Since you need to be out of the room early, we usually do not want to drag our large suitcases to breakfast. We usually eat breakfast and head off the ship around 9:00 - 9:30. enjoy

Thanks - that's about the time I recall from our last cruise.

Can you carry your own luggage off? Or do you have to leave the bags out the night before?

Can I suggest if you are not in any hurry to get off the ship that you head to the dining room for a lovely peaceful breakfast, you will need to check the opening times I think the latest you will be allowed to stay on the ship will be around 9.45am.

Jean

Can I suggest if you are not in any hurry to get off the ship that you head to the dining room for a lovely peaceful breakfast, you will need to check the opening times I think the latest you will be allowed to stay on the ship will be around 9.45am.

Jean

Great suggestion - we always loved breakfast in the dining room!

Jean

Discoveries was peaceful? We may have to try that. Windows Cafe was anything but. Everyone was there with their luggage and it was crazy busy! I was on my way to find a table, carry-on in tow, when I met Freckles from our Roll Call. We stopped to say last goodbyes and all of a sudden this very querulous voice behind me started saying (loudly) "Excuse me! Excuse me! Excuse me!" Apparently I was blocking the way for someone anxious to get off. The funny thing was that the voice belonged to the woman whose jewelry designs were featured that sailing in the gift shop. I guess after days of being polite and winning to people, she was ready to explode. :eek: