Santorini summer 2014 Princess

noahgosplat

I noticed barely any of the cruises stop in Santorini this summer. What's up with that? It was one of my favorite stops on my last cruise and I know it's always a favorite with others. Why is it skipped on so many itineraries? It's one of the most beautiful Greek islands.

I believe we will be there on the Ocean Princess in October.

Is that one of their "regulars" that they offer? Or is it a cruise that only has one sailing date? I'll be on the Regal in August from Venice to Barcelona but it's not on the itinerary. It seems like it's normally been on their grand med cruises in the past but for some reason it's not there this year.

Princess's summer offerings in the Greek Isles are awful. They are really forcing their clientele to look at Celebrity. Much better itineraries there.

I just checked them out and they honestly don't look that muck better. I didn't really see anything I didn't see with princess.

I just checked them out and they honestly don't look that muck better. I didn't really see anything I didn't see with princess.

As an example, look at the Silhouette sailing on July 15. Princess has nothing like this. Or the Reflection on July 25.

Edited by JimmyVWine

Princess's summer offerings in the Greek Isles are awful. They are really forcing their clientele to look at Celebrity. Much better itineraries there.

I agree. If they don't have any better ones in 2015 or 2016, looks like we'll be switching to Celebrity for a Med cruise. Their 2014 itineraries are better. I really would prefer to sail Princess, have more cruises with them than Celebrity. But will have to go with better itinerary.

See if Oceania has anything to offer. I have a soft spot in my heart for Santorini. We were married there in 2007.

If you go get a taxi to take you to a restaurant near the airport called Gallini. Strictly Greek- No vans, no tour buses and the tomato croquettes are wonderful.

The pictures and story are on our website

Just look at some of the sailings on the ocean princess. There are loads of cruises that specifically target the Greek isles.

The first such cruise that I see departs on September 6. While that is technically a "Summer" sailing, it doesn't fit within a "Summer vacation" in the traditional sense.