Free Wi Fi In South Pacific

Are there many places in the South Pacific that have free wi fi, in particular Noumea and Vila?

Also, on the departure card from Australia, what do you put as the places to visit on the cruise? Is "At Sea" sufficient, since there are not enough spaces to list all the ports of call?

not sure about the internet being free but they have some internet cafes in Noumea & Vila....i put south pacific on my departure card and no one has questioned it

Don't know about Vila but we were in Noumea last November on the Pacific Pearl and my daughter made inquiry on the ship regarding free hifi. She was told to follow the crew, so she did. On the ground floor of the Tourist Information building where you get off the ship there is a cafe on the left hand side. That is where the crew go. My daughter actually purchased a can of soft drink but the hifi was free. As regards completing your Outgoing Passenger Card put in the ship's name or the cruise number. Country where you get off, put "Australia". And Country where you will spend most time, we always put "Cruising". Never had a problem.

Thanks all. Will check out the cafe in Noumea. Feels disconnected from the outside world without checking my e-mails (though I know that's the aim of cruising - to get away from everything for a while).

I'll put At Sea (South Pacific) on my card. Let's see if they question it.

I doubt they will. :) I found the customs mob to be about as disinterested and blasé as any hard working public servant is ;). I think you will be honoured if they read it and give you a comment :D

Oh and I am a public servant so I say that tic!! :)

Are there many places in the South Pacific that have free wi fi, in particular Noumea and Vila?

Also, on the departure card from Australia, what do you put as the places to visit on the cruise? Is "At Sea" sufficient, since there are not enough spaces to list all the ports of call?

La Tentation in Port Vila has free internet for customers. It's on the waterfront behind the Bred Bank, just a few doors down from Fung Kwei, the main duty free store.