So excited!

Finally booked my honeymoon on the Explorer of the Seas for Feb. 26, 2015. And I was able to get an aft balcony on deck 9. My room number is 9390. Has anyone had that room? Is the view obstructed at all? What's on that deck? I see a lot of blank space. Any good tips for being on the Explorer or being on a honeymoon? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very excited it's finally happening.

Finally booked my honeymoon on the Explorer of the Seas for Feb. 26, 2015. And I was able to get an aft balcony on deck 9. My room number is 9390. Has anyone had that room? Is the view obstructed at all? What's on that deck? I see a lot of blank space. Any good tips for being on the Explorer or being on a honeymoon? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very excited it's finally happening.

The view will have some of the ship's superstructure in the sight line. Blank space is crew service areas. There's nothing on deck 9 except passenger staterooms and the Concierge Lounge. The lounge is for guests in Grand Suites or better, or Diamond Plus or higher in Crown & Anchor.

Tips for honeymoon: Get some room service (Breakfast) and enjoy it out on your balcony at least once while on your cruise.

Also, you can take 2 (750ml) bottles of wine (per room) with you. It can be enjoyed out on your balcony as well. It is hit or miss with being charged a corkage fee ($25) if you consume the bottle in the eating/ bar service areas but taking a glass or two into said areas does not seem to be an issue that I and others have experienced.

Congratulations to you two and happy happy sailing!

Edited by Brigbound
spelling

Tips for honeymoon: Get some room service (Breakfast) and enjoy it out on your balcony at least once while on your cruise.

Also, you can take 2 (750ml) bottles of wine (per room) with you. It can be enjoyed out on your balcony as well. It is hit or miss with being charged a corkage fee ($25) if you consume the bottle in the eating/ bar service areas but taking a glass or two into said areas does not seem to be an issue that I and others have experienced.

Congratulations to you two and happy happy sailing!

Yes I am very much looking forward to that. :) I assume champagne is fine to take too?

Congrats! We got married in November and are going on our honeymoon on the Indy and leave next week! Can't wait! I'm thinking cruising may be the best way to honeymoon...less stress after wedding planning! :-)

Awesome. Have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Enjoy it.

Honeymooner15, first congratulations! We were on the sister ship Adventure for our honeymoon and have cruised on Explorer as well. You will enjoy the ship very much! A 9 night southern Caribbean cruise, I'm jealous! We love the southern routes as you can see by how often we go! Be sure to check out the ice show if they still have it. it's pretty amazing. And be sure if they have the welcome aboard parade to experience that! There is just so much about this class of ship to enjoy!!

We've been to Aruba and Curacao once but not Bonaire or Haiti. I would suggest checking out the Ports of Call boards for those particular islands to give you some ideas for what to do in port. It really depends on your activity preferences.

You're going to have an absolute wonderful time! :D

Honeymooner15, first congratulations! We were on the sister ship Adventure for our honeymoon and have cruised on Explorer as well. You will enjoy the ship very much! A 9 night southern Caribbean cruise, I'm jealous! We love the southern routes as you can see by how often we go! Be sure to check out the ice show if they still have it. it's pretty amazing. And be sure if they have the welcome aboard parade to experience that! There is just so much about this class of ship to enjoy!!

We've been to Aruba and Curacao once but not Bonaire or Haiti. I would suggest checking out the Ports of Call boards for those particular islands to give you some ideas for what to do in port. It really depends on your activity preferences.

You're going to have an absolute wonderful time! :D

They have parades? That's awesome! I guess cruises really do have everything.

Well of course, it IS exciting!

Here is a thread full of aft cabins with pics and descriptions, people add to it all the time, ( you can too, after your honeymoon!;))

Bookmark it or subscribe to be notified when someone posts- Explorer is the Mariner class- so if you look on the thread, you will see other ships with the same basic layout, so even if it's not YOUR ship you can get a good idea of what a cabin on that class will look like!

Have fun, good luck with your planning and congrats!

Show Us Your Aft started by Camelott

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1243860&highlight=show+us+your+aft

Congrats, best advice is enjoy each other, and enjoy the ship. We have sailed on her three times and had a great trip. Remember the cruise is what you make it, it can be 100 MPH or kick back and let the stress leave your body. Have a great time.

Edited by dwoz2012

Well of course, it IS exciting!

Here is a thread full of aft cabins with pics and descriptions, people add to it all the time, ( you can too, after your honeymoon!;))

Bookmark it or subscribe to be notified when someone posts- Explorer is the Mariner class- so if you look on the thread, you will see other ships with the same basic layout, so even if it's not YOUR ship you can get a good idea of what a cabin on that class will look like!

Have fun, good luck with your planning and congrats!

Show Us Your Aft started by Camelott

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1243860&highlight=show+us+your+aft

Thanks! Didn't see ours on there, but that's ok. I think I got a feel for what it will look like. And as you said, I'll post mine after we get back :)