Currencies

TOMOGP

That sounds about right, I would imagine the Scandinavians should accept the Euro, but you can't be too sure. Always best to ask before deciding on a purchase.

I found that out when I went to Dubrovnik last year and was told on board that it'd be the Euro - however once ashore we found that, even though prices are listed in both currencies, they would only accept Kuna.

Edited by Monorail Orange

To prevent getting ripped off with the Euro exchange rates use local currency in Sweden/Norway/Denmark.

Plenty of cashpoints, or credit card for more expensive purchases and if you do spend a larger amount don't forget your taxback forms to claim back the VAT.

Hi Tommogp

By the look of your countdown we are on the same Baltic cruise, we asked the same question to our TA and the reply was to take a small amount of currency if you want to buy coffee's or drinks ashore or find a local exchange which will offer better rates than the ship, as for large purchases use credit card as previous post.

Hope this helps :)

Sweden, Norway and Denmark have strong economies, so the natives are not anxious to get their hands on foreign currency - they'd rather have their own. As long as you're in the tourist zone, you may well find that they take Euros (but at a rate that will leave them in profit when they've had the hassle of changing them) if you step off the beaten track, they want their own money.

It's rather like trying to spend Canadian Dollars in the USA. I'm sure it can be done, especially near the border, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Hi Tommogp

By the look of your countdown we are on the same Baltic cruise, we asked the same question to our TA and the reply was to take a small amount of currency if you want to buy coffee's or drinks ashore or find a local exchange which will offer better rates than the ship, as for large purchases use credit card as previous post.

Hope this helps :)

Timed to leave the day after the last day of the Football season and taking £20 of each I think

Our 1st time on Oriana