Luggage tags

workstocruise

Just wanted to mention something about the paper O luggage tags showing your name and cabin number. Turns out the adhesive isn't all that strong, so if you have extra tags from O, or some tape, use it liberally to stick the tags more firmly to your bag.

When we left NYC last May to cruise to the UK, the O tag on my husband's suitcase was apparently torn off by pier luggage handlers during baggage sorting behind the scenes. Our other bags arrived promptly but his suitcase was no where to be seen. It finally turned up less than 30 mins before we sailed.

Apparently after the tag was torn off, an enterprising pier person looked up my husband's name and found out which ship he was leaving on and got the bag to the ship in time. We were very grateful as a 4000 pax NCL ship sailed an hour or two before us, headed for the Caribbean. If the bag had gone that way instead, I don't think it would have caught up with us during the voyage.

We vowed if we ever had extra tags, we'd tape them to the outside of the bag or otherwise tape the two halves of the tags together rather than just relying on the adhesive. Just FYI. Have a GREAT trip!

Just wanted to mention something about the paper O luggage tags showing your name and cabin number. Turns out the adhesive isn't all that strong, so if you have extra tags from O, or some tape, use it liberally to stick the tags more firmly to your bag.

When we left NYC last May to cruise to the UK, the O tag on my husband's suitcase was apparently torn off by pier luggage handlers during baggage sorting behind the scenes. Our other bags arrived promptly but his suitcase was no where to be seen. It finally turned up less than 30 mins before we sailed.

Apparently after the tag was torn off, an enterprising pier person looked up my husband's name and found out which ship he was leaving on and got the bag to the ship in time. We were very grateful as a 4000 pax NCL ship sailed an hour or two before us, headed for the Caribbean. If the bag had gone that way instead, I don't think it would have caught up with us during the voyage.

We vowed if we ever had extra tags, we'd tape them to the outside of the bag or otherwise tape the two halves of the tags together rather than just relying on the adhesive. Just FYI. Have a GREAT trip!

Usually they give us enough to put 2 on each piece of luggage. We never attach them until we get off the plane.

Usually they give us enough to put 2 on each piece of luggage. We never attach them until we get off the plane.

Agree. Put the tags on after you arrive in your embarkation city. If you have extra Oceania tags - bring them and put those on too. We had only one per bag, having left the extras at home. Now we know to bring them all.

FYI if you ever forget your O tags, they do have extras at the pier where you check in. You can hand-write in your cabin number and name. Have a great trip!

Agree. Put the tags on after you arrive in your embarkation city. If you have extra Oceania tags - bring them and put those on too. We had only one per bag, having left the extras at home. Now we know to bring them all.

FYI if you ever forget your O tags, they do have extras at the pier where you check in. You can hand-write in your cabin number and name. Have a great trip!

We were told years ago to put our tags on at home, pre flight, as they cannot confuse them with airline tags (old flight tags being a major reason for lost luggage), and if your luggage is lost or delayed, it is more likely to make it with you on the cruise. We always take the extras with us, just in case, but have never lost any of the originals.