Double denali tour timing question

sue1898

Looking at flights for our Cruise/Tour and have a question about the timing that I'm sure the experts here can answer. The itinerary says "Jun 26 Anchorage, Alaska, US". Jun 27 Denali National Park, Alaska". My question is what time do we need to be in Anchorage on June 26? We'll be flying in at least a day ahead but knowing what time we need to check into the designated Anchorage hotel on June 26 would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

Looking at flights for our Cruise/Tour and have a question about the timing that I'm sure the experts here can answer. The itinerary says "Jun 26 Anchorage, Alaska, US". Jun 27 Denali National Park, Alaska". My question is what time do we need to be in Anchorage on June 26? We'll be flying in at least a day ahead but knowing what time we need to check into the designated Anchorage hotel on June 26 would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

You don't mention if you purchased your Land & Ship tour through HAL directly or with a Tour Operator..We had a tour with a well known Tour Operator & flew into Anchorage late in the afternoon...The tour operator booked our flights into Anchorage..We started out on the Bus the next day for our land portion..

I think you can check in anytime on June 26, if there is no scheduled tour or group dinner in Anchorage that day.. The itinerary probably states that Dinner is on your own on June 26..

You will be leaving for Denali by bus to a train or by bus tdirectly to Denali the following day..

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

Thanks Betty. We used Marriott points as the base for our cruise/tour so booked through the agency that handles it for them. The only item listed on the itinerary for June 26 is the airport transfer to the hotel so with your explanation it makes sense. Since we are flying from Florida I'm thinking we will fly to Seattle on June 25, overnight there and fly from Seattle to Anchorage on the morning of June 26. That works best for us based on timing of the flights and not wanting to be arriving in Anchorage at a very late hour. Just wanted to be sure that would work out.