Did the rules change for Cheers program?

I used the cheers program back in October and was able to say "I would like to buy a drink for..." they just charged me the regular price and didn't count it towards the program.

Is this still how it works? A recent thread makes it seem like this is not allowed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I used the cheers program back in October and was able to say "I would like to buy a drink for..." they just charged me the regular price and didn't count it towards the program.

Is this still how it works? A recent thread makes it seem like this is not allowed.

It varies by ship. Is it possible to ring up a drink and not charge it to the cheers program......yes.....Do they always allow it.........Sometimes, but they are restricting this more and more.........there is a liability issue to consider....

We will be on the Conquest in 3 weeks. We intend on buying the cheers package but frequently by drinks for friends and family. Anyone off the Conquest recently know if this is allowed? Obviously we would have to pay full price for the drinks for family and friends.

Edited by MinnesotaCruiser423