Forgot to turn in our "Made a difference" cards

Kmkub

Our last day on the Crown got quite hectic and I completely forgot to hand in those cards. I want the employees to get that recognition, so do I have any options?

(We didn't forget to hand out all our tips, at least!!)

I also forgot someone on one of my cruises, and I just emailed Customer Relations and gave them the information. They sent back a nice letter (as an email attachment) telling me they appreciated my input and would forward it to the appropriate persons.

My hubby had filled one out and I volunteered to take it to the front desk the last morning. I looked at it and noticed he listed four different crew members on one card:rolleyes: So I quickly asked for a few more cards and a pen and transferred the other info over so each worker will get their own card. And no, I didn't mentioned it to my hubby.

And the good news about the survey is that it lets you recognize each employee individually. You can write your accolades for the first employee, and then the survey will ask if you have another employee you'd like to recognize.

the survey gets more attention

we had a crew member explain the cards vs survey to us this way....

Think of the ship like a school -

the comment cards go to the principal

the surveys go to the Superintendent..ie Seattle Home Office

so don't panic if you forget to turn them in - just Mention them in the surveys

Our last day on the Crown got quite hectic and I completely forgot to hand in those cards. I want the employees to get that recognition, so do I have any options?

(We didn't forget to hand out all our tips, at least!!)

It is far, far better to name an employee in email survey. I was just chatting with a friend who is waitress on princess. She had won a day off for having the most email survey comments. I asked her about the consummate host cards. She said that maitre d' doesn't believe them, as it's too easy for waiters to turn in their own.

I'm not a fan of the cards. I take the time to write individual letters and address them to the appropriate supervisor. I've written as few as one and as many as four on a cruise. I don't wait to turn them in until the last day but rather a 2-3 days before we dock. On most occasions I have received back a written response thanking me for my effort.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this but twenty to thirty letters stand out far more than 2000 recognition cards for sure.

And the good news about the survey is that it lets you recognize each employee individually. You can write your accolades for the first employee, and then the survey will ask if you have another employee you'd like to recognize.

Looks like the limit for Commending individual crewmembers or departments is 5.

We just completed our 4 surveys (for 2 passengers on a B2B).

On our last two cruises the employees said it was better to do the survey than the cards. The cards too often stay with the ship instead of being entered in the persons file. We have done both since hearing that! ;)

Good to know -- I'll ask the employees next time (who knows, this may vary from ship to ship!).