Tauck cruise/tours

ppiew

Anyone ever taken any of these? Can you give me an assessment of what to expect? I believe Tauck is a highly rated tour company but wasn't aware they were also into river cruising. Can't seem to find much info.

Full balcony isn't priority French Balcony is OK. What are their ships like? I thought they just got 2 new ones

I responded to your question on the River cruise board. Outside balconies might be fine but as all river boats are the same width (to get through locks) the space has to come from somewhere. Scenic have 169 on board Tauck on their 2 new boats will have 130 (they have 118 on their current boats). Less people means more room per person on board and less people in the tour groups onshore.

Rod

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked a Tauck River Cruise for April.

Tauck is an awesome Company.

French balcony is fine. Open the full sliding door. The view won't be any different.

This will be our 4th River Sailing. Never had a full balcony and never felt as

though we were missing anything. (We always take a minimum of a balcony and usually a suite on an Ocean sailing).

Edited by pabubby
forgot a line

• 3 weeks later...

We cruised Tauck in 2009 from Brugges to Amsterdam. We had a French balcony, sliding glass door. It was perfect. The food was very good. The tours were great. There were a lot of little touches they provided.

We will be cruising on AMA Waterways later this spring.